rixjdxbmujx2zkhnlwxh.jpg

mtnwvtbuzkn2zjkq4qq4.jpg

tdc745qoja12oulyxwry.jpg

kxczn6slmwakkpog0ow9.jpg

clgrylmxzkbvtsjym9qq.jpg

bzxovcsiy91g00xm3zru.jpg

iigsnmuvanwnhc1ablgz.jpg

D.S. Hoffman Seneca 1993

This unique and strikingly beautiful guitar was hand-carved by luthier Daniel Hoffman. He has been making world-class stringed instruments for more than 30 years and was the co-founder of Ithaca String Instruments. This guitar was hand-built and varnished in the finest traditions of the Italian Masters. Serial number 003, built between July 1992 and March 1993. These Florentine scrolled archtop guitars are extremely rare.

The 17-inch body and sides are made from American Walnut. The carved top is made from Sitka Spruce. The neck is constructed of air-dried American Walnut reinforced with graphite and fitted with a fully adjustable truss rod and ebony fingerboard. This produces an extremely stable and adjustable neck that enhances the tone and playability of the instrument. The oval-hole projects much better than f-hole tops. I have the original documentation and photographs of the guitar as it was being built. Original price: $5,000. New 17-inch Senecas start at $9,000.

https://reverb.com/item/3139889-d-s-hoffman-seneca-1993

Not a fan. I dislike the ornate inlays on the neck even more than the body shape.

I can't help but wonder why someone would go to the effort and expense to acquire an instrument such as this, and then sell it. Doesn't look like he needs the $$$.

Back