GPOTD 1.12.18

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
oe19mnbimcjsch7ksubj.jpg

hpk8pcx3yfwfkssvxaoz.jpg
bz5rd3xuefzi6ecawqwz.jpg

DeArmond S-73 Natural Mahogany

DeArmond S-73 in excellent condition. This SG style electric guitar is super cool and perfect for indie, alternative and classic rock. The DeArmond USA Goldfoil humbuckers have a great tone. The frets are in excellent condition and the action is great with a straight neck! The natural gloss finish is in beautiful condition as well.

https://reverb.com/item/8820802-dearmond-s-73-natural-mahogany

I'd rock it :)

As long as it doesn't tip over. It doesn't have a long-eared volute :embarrassed:

I'd rock it :)

As long as it doesn't tip over. It doesn't have a long-eared volute :embarrassed:

The headstock is attached to the neck by way of scarf joint. Also, it has a lesser break angle than Gibson and uses a different truss rod. So that spot in the middle of the neck isn't as badly compromised.

I used to have the green version of this guitar. I really liked it and regret selling it. It was well balanced and had a nice chunky neck. The DeArmond pickups sound great.

Guild designed these as an alternative to the SG. At the time, Jim Deurloo had left Gibson and started working for Guild. Jim later went on to found Heritage Guitars. Jim designed this guitar for Guild fixing the problems that the SG had like an unstable neck joint and being neck heavy.

Back