GPOTD 09.30.15

The shot from behind the bridge worries me a bit though. It looks like the bridge may have partially pulled/split and been repaired. Not the end of the world, but should be reported and price adjusted accordingly.

I'm thinking that might be the polishing compound mentioned in the description.

I actually love this guitar, and the price seems reasonable.

I'm thinking that might be the polishing compound mentioned in the description.

I actually love this guitar, and the price seems reasonable.

Yeah, I read the description, but polishing compound is meant to polish the guitar and should definitely 1) be able to be completely cleaned off an instrument, and 2) be completely cleaned off an instrument that you are trying to sell. That fact that it's still there makes me think the seller is an idiot or hiding something. The former is no bigger, the latter is something to be concerned about.

I'm thinking that once polishing compound gets into the pores of rosewood, it's nigh on impossible to get out.

Your concern is definitely legitimate, but I'm giving the seller benefit of doubt.

The thin body concerns me, so I'd have to hear it to know if the sound suited me. My biggest concern is the bridge. I don't like the thread through and up aspect.

It is certainly a nice looking guitar.

The thin body concerns me, so I'd have to hear it to know if the sound suited me. My biggest concern is the bridge. I don't like the thread through and up aspect.

It is certainly a nice looking guitar.

My Tak has a bridge where it threads through and up. I've had the guitar for about 5 years and it was already several years old when I bought it. No problems so far with the bridge lifting if that's your concern.

Also, I love not having to deal with bridge pins. Makes restringing a heck of a lot easier.

My Tak has a bridge where it threads through and up. I've had the guitar for about 5 years and it was already several years old when I bought it. No problems so far with the bridge lifting if that's your concern.

Also, I love not having to deal with bridge pins. Makes restringing a heck of a lot easier.
The lifting up is not the concern; it is the pain in the ass trying to thread the string in and up. I had a guitar with a bridge like that and it drove me nuts every time I had to change the strings.

The lifting up is not the concern; it is the pain in the ass trying to thread the string in and up. I had a guitar with a bridge like that and it drove me nuts every time I had to change the strings.

Strange. I've found my Tak much easier to restring than any of my traditional acoustics that have bridge pins. Not that they are hard to restring, but the Tak is just easier.

Of course, I also find a Floyd Rose easier to restring than a Bigsby. :shrug:

Strange. I've found my Tak much easier to restring than any of my traditional acoustics that have bridge pins. Not that they are hard to restring, but the Tak is just easier.

Of course, I also find a Floyd Rose easier to restring than a Bigsby. :shrug:
Yeah, bridge pins can be a pain, but I am now more used to them, I guess.

Not sure I'm feeling the shape of the cutaway.

I've got both a Tak and traditional acoustic bridges and can't say I have a strong preference either way.

Aside from the inlay that is a really nice acoustic at an excellent price! I prefer no cutaways, but that one is not bad at all.I would like to know the make of the internal mic. Had my car not decided to bleed money this month I would have been tempted to snatch that up.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-------------------^-------
Like-O-Meter

Back