qvzqpoeguag5cevovpnv.jpg

tck4xokokt3q4nngsikf.jpg

bt4sybehj3g3djoqzbpw.jpg

vfsziw7km1cnjyepkgyk.jpg

de8ugbxhuruo8zvy9xcz.jpg

aneswm1afbkdyoctudww.jpg

zltywliznsbxvlj0naap.jpg

Levinson Blade Vintage Custom Stratocaster Guitar R4 RH4 RH2

Vintage Levinson Blade Strat Guitar in Excellent Condition. Designed in Zwitzerland and manufactured in Japan by Gary Levinson, these are sweet sounding, resonant custom shop quality guitars. This one is circa 1990, and has the highly desirable earlier "Suhr" style headstock. It may also be a rarer, custom version of the R4 model, as evidenced by the custom Levinson pickguard. Please see the complete description below.

Features:

* Solid Sen Ash two piece body, with beautiful grain.

* Fast neck with Jet Black Ebony fingerboard... 25.5 inch scale. Flat radius fingerboard with Medium Jumbo Frets for fast playing and easy string bends.

* Gold Sperzel USA Locking Tuners.

* Gorgeous caramel sunburst finish.

* Gold Hardware.

* Sepia Mirror Pickguard.

* Original Hard Shell Case with Blade Logo in Excellent Condition.

Cosmetics:

Guitar is in Excellent Condition. A couple of tiny dings, not through the finish on the back. A couple of tiny pin head nicks at the neck pocket. Both are too small to photograph. Frets are in Excellent Shape with no gullying. The guitar does NOT have the VSC Spectrum Control. It may have been removed by the previous owner. However, I don't know if it had it originally, because this appears to be a custom model. Blade Guitars came with or without the VSC, depending on the model. I've owned a few of these early Blades, and have never seen this style of custom pickguard... it is a Strat Levinson Sepia/mirror pickguard, but with a Telecaster Bridge Pickup style, as evidenced by the 3 screw configuration. The pickups are not the stock Levinson ones... the bridge appears to be a Seymour Duncan Li'l 59 and the neck a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails. I don't know what the middle one is, because there is no logo... I'm guessing either a Dimarzio or a Duncan. I've never removed the pickguard, but the Bridge and Neck pickups have the Seymour Duncan Logo and are recognizable by their styles. Most likely, they were installed by the previous owner. There is a coil tap for the Bridge pickup to use in Single Coil mode. The gold finish has some fading on the back plate, the knobs, and the Trem. The Trem also has a small amount of tarnish not noticeable when playing. None of the above affects the playabity, as the guitar plays like greased lightning and has tone to match. The guitar's finish is in super shape, with any noticeable wear on the hardware only. I've owned it for about 2.5 years. The above describes it well, as do the pictures, but please contact me if you need additional information.

Mate of mine had a Levinson Blade and it was a great guitar. Had a two part trem system that meant if you bust a string, the bridge would stay flat and keep in tune, can't see if this has that. Sounds like this has had some fairly major changes from the original spec, whatever that was.

Looks pretty sweet to me. Is that a sustainer? He's saying it's an SD, but it looks more like a sustainer to me.

I actually owned a Blade for awhile. Very nice, quality guitar. I just did not get along with the neck at all so it didn't stay.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
---------------^-----------
Like-O-Meter

Back