eyybpzli6lexnqway22v.jpg

vxuygmt9s9k4o5vz9mmd.jpg

belykrbukeriyhfaaih6.jpg

kisok2xd7fhrfzw7hhrs.jpg

kcj4coighjw424mvmixh.jpg

qovuqp9hakwbnaahcycp.jpg

xcnnkcuv1lpxonzb6kxs.jpg

Danelectro Guitarlin 1959 Copperburst

This is an original longhorn Danelectro Guitarlin, one of approximately 200 made back in the day. These instruments have 31 frets and were designed to cover the notes offered on both guitar and mandolin. The sound made famous by Link Wray (see the video). Pure Dano tone coming from two fat lipstick tube pickups. Everything looks to be original, one small repair has been done to the strap button by the neck as some glue is there (see picture), this very minor spot looks like it would be easy to restore but we have no plan to disrupt its mojo. Precise dating is impossible as there are no serial numbers, however this model looks to be 1959 or 1960. The guitar is in playable condition, shows signs of wear as it is a good player, has good action, and working original electronics (we did clean the pots as they were a bit scratchy after 50+ years!). Upper frets (27-31) are pretty flat yet playable. Tone is awesome. Comes with original case and its original key!

I saw one of those at the Brimfield Flea Market a few years ago. I didn't even bother asking what it cost because I'd never play it.

I would rock this. I guess you have to dig Danos. I do. Finest Brazilian Masonite. The pickups are a little close together, but that's part of the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original Virtuoso guitar. Also not my thing, but the longhorns always kinda grab me in some way that I can't quite verbalize or writify.

Back