oqyiyorlgkgeue9toh1j.jpg

dqa56zzhkcvc3omvwpst.jpg

qlfvqqgv4si5t4l8djt5.jpg

Lentz Starbird Custom. 1994

ONE OF A KIND.

RARE.

HANDMADE BY SCOTT.

ABOUT THE INSTRUMENT:

This SCOTT LENTZ CUSTOM GUITAR is from my "OVER THE TOP" collection. Within my total collection of over 1500+guitars and amps, I have a few that are just EXTRAORDINARY. I've owned this SL for several years. It came to me from its original owner-who had it built for him by Scott Lentz, Sr. in 1993.

Everyone who knows guitars knows Scott. Those people who own one, want to buy another. Those who do not won one, want one. The reason is simple. Scott makes the best playing and best looking guitars in the market. He can take a concept from the big guys and turn it into a unique one of a kind real guitar. Do not miss this chance to own an authentic rare LENTZ. “

Now to the EXTRAORDINARY. As noted below, this guitar came with a trem system originally. The owner had Scott remove it and install the T.O.M. you see here now. Also he had Scott to do a refin on the top to cover the holes etc. from where the trem system had been installed. Even though it was a nice refin job in "Mirror Black" I just thought it was too ORDINARY for this great looking and sounding guitar so I turned it over to "Stike", the best guitar custom finisher anywhere in my opinion. He adds the EXTRA to ORDINARY. Together "Stike" and I chose an incredible BLACK SPARKLE FINISH for the top that reminded us of the midnight sky in the dark of winter with the lingering sunlight on the far horizon still bouncing some color off the stars. Look at the photos and you can see that midnight starry sky in all its depth and beauty on the front of this guitar. So, with its "Bird" shape and "Starry" new finish, I've renamed it the "Starbird" and it is beautiful. We left the back and neck as Scott prepared them originally simply because they were perfect already. Including the several holds for strap buttons. This is one of those guitars that has such a unique shape that everybody wants it to balance at a different fulcrum point . The holes show the tries to get it just right for the previous owner and for me. So now, you can make your choice.

NOTE: Keep looking at my auctions. Over the next few months, I will be listing more of these "CUSTOM" from my private bounty that have been "customized" by STIKE. He truly adds value to every instrument he touches.

This amazing guitar includes these features:

BODY: ALDER WINGS on MAPLE NECK THROUGH BODY. Note: There are several holes on the body where the former owner (and me) added strap pegs until he/I found the ideal playing position. This is really a 7/8 Firebird style body that gives you the Firebird look without the bulk of the original.

NECK IS THROUGH BODY made of MAPLE.

FINGERBOARD: COCA-BOA FINGERBOARD, 24 ¾” SCALE. 1 5/8” NUT.

FRETS: ALL FRETS HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY Terry C. McInturff. I was not happy with the original frets-they were okay but I like Terry's fretwork better so I had him completely replace them. THE NEW FRETS ARE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT; making the guitar ONE OF THE BEST PLAYING GUITARS WE HAVE SOLD SO FAR. Having Mr. McInturff to personally do a fret job is akin to having Eric Clapton play on your recording. Look at the pictures to see the details. You are now buying a product of two of the best luthiers in the world.

BRIDGE: TOM (TuneOMatic), STOP TPC. Note: The first incarnation of this guitar came with a Kahler tremolo assembly that the former owner did not like so he had Mr. Lentz remove it and install the Gibson TOM.

PICKUPS: Two (2) GIBSON ’57 CLASSIC pickups.

ONE VOLUME KNOB.

SWITCH: 3 Way Toggle.

Comes with Hardshell Case original to the guitar but just ok.

The cosmetic condition is excellent. There are a few nicks, scratches, and scrapes on it (on the back). BUT THE FINISH IS BRAND NEW AND PERFECT.

NOTES:

This guitar has been completely set up by the TERRY MCINTURFF CUSTOM SHOP including new strings, electronics cleaned, intonation set, etc. Terry worked on this guitar himself and he only has good things to say about it. NOTE: COMPLETE REFRET JOB BY MR. MCINTURFF HIMSELF.

Please remember to read our policies and procedures listed below but if you still have questions, please email us through ebay. Thank you.

ABOUT THE MAKER SCOTT LENTZ, SR.:

From their website and other internet sources-

“In the guitar world of the so called ‘small builders’ one man stands out among many of his ilk. That man is Scott Lentz. His instruments are his way of expressing himself and every instrument he builds has some of his heart and soul built-in so to speak. Scott’s focus is on electric guitars for the discerning musician. These are not for players that are looking for alot of flash, buttons and switches they are meant for the player that wants a great feeling, dynamic guitar having only what it needs to get the job done. No need to be cluttered or weighed down by excess baggage. A Lentz guitar is hand crafted in the good ol’ U.S.A. by Scott, his son Scott Jr and with the help of Ian Anderson. You cannot get much more ‘hands on’ than that. The end result is a guitar that so easy to play it practically plays itself requiring much less physical energy than a lot of other guitars. This frees up your mind to be more open to make music!”

Hate the reverse headstock. Otherwise, it's kinda freaky-deaky. I bet it would be interesting/blinding under stage lights.

I want to hate it...I want to post some kind of tongue-in-cheek sarcastic line about it and get a bunch of "likes" and "+1"s...

I DON'T WANT TO SAY I LIKE IT!

Do you understand? I want to tell you how much I hate it...

But I can't...because I love it...

:gah:

It's an awesome guitar for an over-the-top rock spectacular. If you played in one of those Steel Panther weekly rock shows, or a theatrical rock tribute it the perfect guitar for you.

If you and your buddies gig out at the VFW every couple of months, don't even think about it.

Who the fuck needs a locking nut with a stoptail? One knob for two pickups? There is so much on this guitar that just makes no sense to me...

Not a fan of the headstock, but it would be pretty cool to use for a colorful stage guitar. I would never buy it.

Back