hw89ugs0uxx3iwcjmhgj.jpg

r3ymlfgoq8lcxr50e3wx.jpg

itrq0uiswbqhuhhposmw.jpg

xceykbb3vmreyp4a8zou.jpg

w5g6pojou644yshoubt0.jpg

dpdtgjysyzvgzhbwfsso.jpg

jektpmocgozbaledhjsx.jpg

Barrington ESP BRG 872 1988

There seems to be a resurgence in the marketplace for '80s MIJ "Metal Guitars". They are cool looking and they are loud. This is one that I bought just because I liked to the way it looked and turns out it plays and sounds better than it looks.

THIS GUITAR:

I think everyone who knows about the incredible quality of some MIJ guitars KNOWS THIS GUITAR. Maybe it's the color. The photos do not show it at its HOTTEST. The pink metallic finish burns your hand when you touch it. The SN is 882718. As best I can tell, this is a demo guitar from the shop. It has a few scrapes but really looks great. The trem system is extremely smooth on this guitar and holds in tune. IT IS LOUD. If you want the sound and attention, this is the guitar for you. If you are boring and generally a standard player, buy a burst. This is reserved for the out front guys.

Here are some online notes about these guitars:

"L.A.Sax Company of Barrington Illinois were seeing how popular were the superstrats at the end of 80´s and they want to introduce in the market a high class of electric guitars and basses. That´s the way was born Barrington guitars. The guitars were made in Japan by Terada, same supplier of bodies and necks for ESP, Jackson and so others and were handled by Barrington guitars. It's supposed that they were only in production in 1987-1988 and were made a number of 300 electric guitars. Peter LaPlaca, started that company IIRC. He was one of the partners at Kramer in the early days. named for Barrington Illinois, I think. I recently got a Barrington BRG-883T from JCs guitars which I know some of you are familiar with. I got the obnoxiously pink one."

"Pete used his ESP connections to have ESP make the Barrington run of guitars. They are really similar to Kramers of the day. I think they are great looking guitars--Pete had it right when he chose the banana headstock on 'em. "

Builder: Barrington

Model:

BRG-872 'Metal Guitar'

Serial Number: 882718

Year: 1988

Color: Magenta

Body: Alder

Top: Alder

Neck: Maple

Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood

Pickups: Seymour Duncan single coil (N), Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker (bridge)

Description: Really nice tele-style bolt-on solid body featuring nice Duncan pickups, Gotoh tuners, a Floyd Rose tremelo system and a great, super-shiny magenta finish

This guitar is in EXCELLENT OPERATING CONDITION and VERY GOOD COSMETIC CONDITION. Has the usual dings, dents, scrapes, etc. from being played and handled.

NO CASE BUT WILL SHIP IN GIG BAG

NO GUARANTEE OUTSIDE THE USA DUE TO HIGH COST OF SHIPPING. It is in great condition but we have to do this disclosure.

All trades considered.

Not my thing, but it would be a colorful stage guitar. Also, you could anger Tele purists with it.

Strange that I've never heard of these because I live and work near Barrington, IL. Still, I'd rock this like a hurricane.

I remember reading good things about Barringtons back in the day, but I'd pass on this one - Floyds are a big "meh" for me, and I don't care for the Kramer-style headstock.

Back