haw55pmmziqaujgtu6p3.jpg

fnhloaul7rtyhc9kseb2.jpg

r0iodqbqspuiy61lcjyi.jpg

noo0bmjf6koygiqrpxrf.jpg

smpsiebddxgqaexmdfpi.jpg

wmn5xejdcw862d5meii3.jpg

vj6lngobwwgnxqumlquy.jpg

Vigier GV Wood

Nothing plays like a Vigier. Just ask Bumblefoot and Christophe Godin. In the case of this stunner, nothing looks like a Vigier either. Words and pictures simply cannot capture the exquisite beauty of this Vigier GV Wood guitar featuring a bookmatched Amber Flame top. An outstanding example of Vigier’s acclaimed GV Wood line, this beauty is so much more than just fabulous looks. Vigier guitars are living, breathing instruments that exude quality and feel from every pore.

Phenowood fingerboard: Phenowood is a material that consists of birch treated under heat and pressure with carbon and phenolic resins. This results in a super durable material with an incredibly smooth, glassy finish and feel, that is virtually immune to moisture and humidity related problems, and looks incredible.

Sounds: This guitar sounds every bit as fantastic as it looks. Excellent note to note definition and detail and an almost unreal responsiveness to playing nuances. The guitar rings with harmonic richness way before you even get close to an amplifier. With a tone palette way beyond the scope of most dual humbucker guitars, there’s really not much territory this guitar will not cover and do it in unique style. We could wax eloquent for hours about the sounds this guitar creates, but others have done it for us. Here’s an expressive review from Premier Guitar:

Vigier GV Wood Review

Playability: This is what sets Vigier in a class all by themselves. The feel of the neck on this guitar is instantly comfortable, and consistent all the way up the neck. Top fret access, usually a tree trunk grabbing affair on this type of guitar is an absolute breeze. You’ll find the top register of the guitar has completely opened up. In addition, the 10/90 carbon graphite reinforced neck creates a playing feel with a super quick and dynamic response that makes every note everywhere on the guitar speak clearly. Nowhere in the neck will you find a dead spot or area. Try a 22nd fret bend to a high E on a guitar and usually you’ll need to really dig in to make it speak or rely on distortion plus a screaming amp. Not on this. 22nd fret bends sing out like a bird when played acoustically! That’s response. The feel of the phenowood fingerboard with stainless steel frets is, in a word, butter with a close to zero friction fingerboard. We’ve never encountered a guitar with such a liquid, floating feel on the neck. You’ll find it responsive to the slightest change in fretting hand or picking attack. It encourages a relaxed fretting hand and will absolutely enhance your technique.

Action: The set up and action on Vigier guitars is outstanding. Probably the lowest action of any guitars in production. But it’s not just low action, its even, consistent action - you have the same insanely great action all the way to the top fret, and absolutely no fretting out. If you like it a little higher, bridge adjustments are a breeze.

Set it, Forget it: The 10/90 neck simply will not move. No truss rod adjustments necessary. Well actually, there is no truss rod! Finally someone got rid of that thing altogether! The only adjustments you’ll need to make are bridge adjustments for different string gauges or to your preferred action. Then you’re set. Humidity, weather changes, airplanes, whatever, this neck just will not move. No more fiddling around with wrenches before the gig 'cause the weather changed and your neck decided to do a banana.

Oversize locking tuners round out this top flight package. This guitar comes in a beautiful plush Vigier exclusive guitar case. Included with your purchase is 1 Whirlwind Leader Elite 18.5’ premium guitar cable.
Vigier warranty covers the original retail purchaser for 2 years from the date of purchase.

This Vigier guitar is exclusively equipped with Vigier’s own brand of electric guitar strings (gauge 9-46).

Neck
Type: Bolt on featuring the 10/90 System (10% carbon, 90% wood)
Wood: Maple naturally dried for 3 years
Shape: D
Finish: Glossy varnish, matching neck and body
Width of neck at nut: 42mm / 1.65"
Width of neck at last fret: 57mm / 2.24"
Depth of neck at first fret: 19,5mm / .76"
Depth of neck at 12th fret: 23mm / .90"
String spacing at nut: 35mm / 1.38"
String spacing at bridge: 52 mm / 2.04"
Action as supplied at 12th fret, treble: 1,5mm / .0059"
Action as supplied at 12th fret, bass: 2mm / .0078"
Type of nut: Teflon nut + zero fret technology

Fingerboard
Wood: Phenowood
Radius: 300mm / 11.81"
Type of frets: Medium stainless
Number of frets: 22 + zero fret
Scale length: 630mm / 24.8"
Inlay: Dots (on the side only)

Body
Wood: Naturally aged alder
Top: Flamed maple
Finish: Varnish dries for 5 weeks minimum

Accessories
Machine heads brand name: Schaller, custom, locking
Type of machine heads: M6-2000
Type of bridge: Hard tail
Bridge brand name: Vigier design
End pin: Brass casing that inserts deep into the body and locks the strap button in place.
Finish: Chrome

Electronic
Pickup brand name: Amber, hand wounded
Type of pickup: HH
Switch: 5 positions:
- Bridge pickup
- Bridge pickups in single coil
- Both pickups in single coil
- Neck pickup in single coil
- Neck pickup
Controls: Volume, Tone, Pickup selector 5 positions
Shielding: Yes

Miscellaneous
Delivered with: Case
Left handed version: Not available
Strings: Vigier stainless steel 9-46
Warranty: 2 years
Made in: France

Interesting that is is a bolt on neck. Different contours on the top as well. I do like the clean look, but I would have to play one to see if I like the sum total. Interesting ideas though. Not sure about the no truss rod thing. All necks move....

o-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
----------^-----------
Like-O-Meter

Very nice build. The upper bout is a little funky, but I like that they didn't completely copy the LP shape. Tradition says this style of guitar must be a set neck, which doesn't make sense when you step back a bit.
I'd love to give it a spin.

Edit: Wow, $4000? :embarrassed: :-\

Meh. I like the look of the "Phenowood" fingerboard and I'm interested in how it feels, but nothing else jumps out at me. The upper horn contour looks off, and it's yet another burst over a flamed maple top. idn_smilie

That one's right up my alley. I'm a big fan of the no inlay fretboard. Can't find much I don't like about it.

Imagine if Gibson made this instead of shit like the Firebird X. Classic design, but some useful and practical design upgrades that would have the fanboys crying for blood.

Reactions: Tig
Back