GPOTD 07.30.15

I have 2 Santa Cruz guitars, and I've had nothing but positive things to say.

I have a Tony Rice model SC. Same pickguard style. I could live without it, for sure. Honestly, I don't understand the logic of pickguards on acoustics, with the exception of flamenco guitars. If your pick is hitting the body of the guitar, then you are clearly not coordinated enough to be a musician. IDK. Maybe the trombone? And, to me, they never contribute anything aesthetically.

But the pickguard here in the OP is especially distracting on account of the wood selection.

My other SC is a Bob Brozman baritone. It is a gorgeous-looking guitar, is fun to play, and (most importantly) sounds wonderful. But since his death and the allegations, I just haven't had the inclination to play it. I know, that makes virtually no sense. It's my own hang-up. His name certainly wasn't the reason why I bought the guitar. Maybe I'll come around on it someday.

As for this guitar, it's a pass for me. I am confident that it's a wonderful instrument, but this one, I don't think that I'd play.

I have 2 Santa Cruz guitars, and I've had nothing but positive things to say.

I have a Tony Rice model SC. Same pickguard style. I could live without it, for sure. Honestly, I don't understand the logic of pickguards on acoustics, with the exception of flamenco guitars. If your pick is hitting the body of the guitar, then you are clearly not coordinated enough to be a musician. IDK. Maybe the trombone? And, to me, they never contribute anything aesthetically.

But the pickguard here in the OP is especially distracting on account of the wood selection.

My other SC is a Bob Brozman baritone. It is a gorgeous-looking guitar, is fun to play, and (most importantly) sounds wonderful. But since his death and the allegations, I just haven't had the inclination to play it. I know, that makes virtually no sense. It's my own hang-up. His name certainly wasn't the reason why I bought the guitar. Maybe I'll come around on it someday.

As for this guitar, it's a pass for me. I am confident that it's a wonderful instrument, but this one, I don't think that I'd play.

If you want I could hold onto the Brozman for you for awhile, since it's going unused... :idea:

My step-father has a nice Santa Cruz dreadnought. I've only been allowed to play it once, but I preferred his Collings.

Too much craftsmanship, not enough molded plastic?

Nah...

Just don't like it.

If I wanted an all wood guitar, I would get a Taylor. If I want to spend some money on a really good acoustic, I would look into a Paul McGill guitar.

Paul McGill Guitar - S.jpg

Strangely I have been GASing for what @Kerouac owns....an Emerald

I love my OVATIONS!!!

Back