GPOTD 07.17.14

Aside from the bird inlay - very hot guitar. the rosewood necks are just incredible feeling.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-----------------^--------
like-o-meter

I would take it in a heart beat, BUT...

If I were buying one it would have to have a trem and I would prefer the maple top version. But if I ever buy another PRS solid body it would be either the 408 or a David Grissom model.

To what Chad said, I wish they'd do the 408 without the birds as well. My Custom has the birds and 10 top, but it's 24 or 25 years old, was a gift, and I wouldn't want to pay for the level of figure on the top (I just like the maple and mahogany recipe) or the inlays (which don't affect the sound, although I'm sure they're a bunch a folks out there that would argue that :thu:).

(which don't affect the sound, although I'm sure they're a bunch a folks out there that would argue that :thu:).
Yeah, that makes for an interesting discussion. Not much fun anymore, as I think everything that can be said, has been said, but I'm mostly in your camp here.

I've never really cared for PRS, but then I also must admit that I've never actually picked one up and played it...

Back