u8yq8aeevepny46pd31e.jpg

offhis67jmwggikqvnph.jpg

qcygdalmnao3d8gsrv1k.jpg

sdpmjg4auxfdrdrdweqq.jpg

bjwqb6pmp5uwwkhf99re.jpg

gvtxpeat1vp5b3ttquuf.jpg

oll7kdy48zvwqmkzicng.jpg

USA Chandler Austin Special

Cosmetic Condition: A very cool & super desirable American-made guitar designed by Ted Newman-Jones of Austin, TX. Overall the guitar is in pretty good shape with various minor nicks, chips, dents & dings along with surface scratches & mild play wear. There's some cracking in the finish along the edges of the body, particularly in the waist & treble-side cutaway. This appears to have happened due to the binding shrinking a bit. The Arctic White finish has aged nicely & faded into more of a cream color with a nice patina. The front of the headstock was sloppily oversprayed & there are some drip marks along the edge. The guitar has been professionally set up by us with a fresh pack of strings & low action, so it plays & sounds great!

Neck: Beautiful birdseye maple neck with 16" radius rosewood fingerboard & abalone dot inlays. 22 jumbo frets in great shape with no wear. The Chandler Made In USA headstock logo looks very clean & original, but the Austin Special decal looks like it may have been moved when the headstock was oversprayed. Unoriginal Kluson Deluxe tuners are in perfect working condition. 1 11/16" graphite nut; 25 1/2" scale length. Neck is straight & truss rod is in perfect working condition.

Body: Contoured, solid alder body finished in Arctic White with pearloid binding. Unoriginal string-thru bridge with adjustable saddles & gold hardware. Guitar weighs 6 lbs 14 oz.

Pickups: Unoriginal GFS "lipstick" pickups. Single coil neck pickup - 5.68K ohms; Bridge humbucker - 11.84K ohms. Three position pickup selector, master volume & push/pull master tone controls. All electronics are in perfect working condition. The back control cover is unoriginal.

Case: Nice hardshell case included.

Ahhh! You posted one of the Chandlers that Cream City music has! I saw it on the wall last week. Back in the day (the early 90s), I wanted one of those. I'm not surprised that the pickups are n0t stock. I had a Charvel Surfcaster, that had (as stock) Chandler lipstick pickups in it, and they were underwhelming to say the least (they were the main reason why I sold the guitar [there were no aftermarket lipsticks available, and it was too nice of a guitar, to butcher by routing it out for humbuckers]).

I still have a low level hankering for one of these Chandlers.

Back