smmzhcfikil3mezxyimo.jpg

a58xnf2i1o5suk9nba8n.jpg

mdnogdniisr0mitvxhi7.jpg

cetv4tfwrj3mtouzbzh6.jpg

fdnynoo9pfdmbwbobvfp.jpg

vyqqxwekykw3jnzb5icq.jpg

cfhe1yb4nmwate9bct8w.jpg

Guild F50 1974

This is a beautiful F50R, the top-of-the-line model in the Guild lineup in the 1970's. It was made in the Westerly, RI Guild factory. Spruce top, Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fretboard with wedge-in-block inlays, multiple layers of binding. It is in outstanding condition: very little fret wear, some minor scuff marks, but no scratches, cracks, or finish checks. It could easily be mistaken for a guitar that is four years old, rather than forty.

This guitar plays with perfect action up and down the neck, and sounds great. It has a huge sound, but is not overly boomy like some jumbos. Plays easily finger style or with a flat pick, and also sounds great in open tunings.

Includes the original hard case, with Guild logo. The case is completely sound structurally, but has wear on the outside, some of which has been covered up with black duct tape. A newer leather handle has been installed.

Looks nice, other than the gold. I'd give it a whirl. I imagine the old Guilds would impress me more than the new ones. I had always wanted a Guild until I played a couple of them a year or so ago; that convinced me to go Luna.

I'm kind of on again/off again about jumbos, but I've had a couple of Guilds, and they were nice guitars. I could see taking this one for a spin.

Nice details on the inays and binding etc. Like it rather than love it, but would certainly give it a go.

If I wasn't broke from moving, I would buy that, and not ever dicker over the price....that right there could be a forever guitar for me.

Fucking perfect.

Back