d96t7uugtffrk4ol05f8.jpg

iljpwfj4kxhpwgrbgvgi.jpg

pti2ye207viyzrmmanwh.jpg

y6z9qszei3tcpnu8rzqp.jpg

fczfmtemkebtfj51wymm.jpg

grfdguebgqlx909dags4.jpg

i0gxguglpktqk1tkshnn.jpg

Teuffel Tesla 2005

I was in my early 20's when the Birdfish was first announced, along with the Coco and the Tesla. I remember standing in Borders reading guitar magazines and obsessing over these strange new guitars... these remarkably different, rule-bending works of art that were, at the time, way out of my reach. The Coco disappeared because Teuffel had an allergic reaction to one of the materials used to make it, and the Tesla in this finish disappeared because it stained too easily... but those three guitars are the ones to have if you're collecting Teuffel, and heralded the boutique explosion that continues today.

This Tesla is, from what I understand, one of thirteen in the glow in the dark finish; it does have a fair amount of staining, particularly around the edges, but of the two others I've seen it is the cleanest; fretwear is negligible. I've had it since 2009 and have played it very, very little. The three buttons between the pickups activate a small microphone, kill switch, and 60 cycle hum. The pickup selector is neck or bridge. The pots are volume and tone. If you're going to use this to play out, you'll need to clean the volume pot; I never used this live so I never bothered. And yes, it glows very brightly.

It sounds fantastic- it really does... there is something different about it, which I can't say about many expensive guitars. I am selling because I go back and forth between collecting more and playing more during different periods in my life, and right now I'm moving away from collecting... plus I still have my Birdfish so I'm not Teuffel-less.

Comes with the original bag and some Teuffel swag (catalog, tools).

I'd like to try one of the 6-string ones :embarrassed:

Not sure I'd like the upper-fret access, though.

If you keep your thumb in the proper position that is not an issue at all. cop0

These guitars are incredibly ergonomic and encourage proper hand and body positioning.

Ok Flamencology. :grin:

I'll pass on the guitar.

Nope. There are dozens of chords I use at every gig that requires fretting the bass note with the thumb wrapped around. Playing it with fingertips sounds too "polite" and not funky enough.

You do realize that the guitar is a fretted instrument?

You do realize that the guitar is a fretted instrument?

Yes. And as such, the subtle bending and muting of strings can change the sound of chords unlike pressing a button.

But of course John Mayer would no nothing about that either....

Last edited:
If you keep your thumb in the proper position that is not an issue at all. cop0

These guitars are incredibly ergonomic and encourage proper hand and body positioning.

Yup, tain't made for blooze or country music thumb fretting.

I've always thought the Teuffel 7-strings were way cool, and I'd love to have this one. It's too bad that they cost waaaay more than I can afford.

Back