xi7l14u92wrgdi7u3dpu.jpg

flso4rjaieuo2zy9l5wq.jpg

eejnywjgr3vlvqtkkxrl.jpg

upcltwmjbhk9ekmivg05.jpg

kcf6vaefdnplxa3b403u.jpg

fu5vzavoqfclqipjhppb.jpg

zrevc1ur7jxfu2mklvuu.jpg

Martin O-18K 1920

Very cool and very original 1920 Martin 0-18K. All Koa, 12 fret, X braced top, slotted headstock. This one has some repaired cracks which is very common on Koa examples and overspray over the body. We recently professionally reglued the bridge and strung a set of Daddario Silk n Steels on it. It sounds incredible! However, To play to the best of this guitar’s ability it will need a neck reset as it does not play well past the 3rd fret due to quite high action. Most of the collectors and musicians we know prefer “their repair guy” do the work so we are offering this one in it’s current condition. Comes with a non original case.

Year: 1920.

Model: O-18K

Serial: 15247.

Finish: Natural (with overspray).

Case: Non original case.

Condition: Overall in good shape but very much so needs a neck reset.

Modifications: Overspray, otherwise appears original.

Comments: Cool 1920s Martin.

Reactions: Tig
Neat.

Bet it is worth a fortune to someone.

Not to me, though.

Unplayable collector guitar in shit shape bring it down to a very expensive, wall hanger meh.

Oh man. I want it.

The only thing that keeps it away from perfection, for me, is the presence of bridge pins. Not that I'd ever change anything about it.

People who dont think this is hot... They don't deserve nice things.

Oh man. I want it.

The only thing that keeps it away from perfection, for me, is the presence of bridge pins. Not that I'd ever change anything about it.

People who dont think this is hot... They don't deserve nice things.
That's not for you to decide
It's all up to...
image.jpg

Probably a fingerstyle beast. But I do not like koa topped guitars so a solid 'meh' from me.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-------------^-------------
Like-O-Meter

I would love to be able to play a Martin from that era, and I love the slothead small-body aspect as well. That thing simply drips mojo.

Love it. My father in law has a Koa Martin parlor guitar from the same era (1912, IIRC) that is a fingerstyle monster. The projection from that little thing is crazy and the V neck profile is quite comfortable.

Back