ib28obsn0p2vnpmfglwr.jpg

lagc2yvef95rb3kduopr.jpg

sw003swxqbpgrqt3irna.jpg

hpd4i8lrlghdvvhgvg6k.jpg

y1lbkkvubta5dr4iwrtg.jpg

xxbaq6fdavrjnwbnfrgo.jpg

Collings City Limits Deluxe

From the Collings website:

"Crafted with the finest seasoned maple and Honduran mahogany, the CL Deluxe is built for tone. Lightweight, resonant mahogany combined with a carefully hand-set mortise and tenon neck joint bring tonal complexity and sustain to the table in spades. Sleekly contoured for comfort and style, we've brought new life to an American classic."

This guitar features a stunning "baked" Flamed maple top with additional black/white body bindings, ebony headstock veneer, and Madagascar rosewood fingerboard that is tastefully ornamented with distinctive parallelogram inlays.

This guitar has two Lollar Imperial humbucking pickups, and includes a deluxe Amertage archtop hardshell case.

I feel like I should like it, but I don't. I'll take their acoustics and mandolins any day, however.

Nope. I love my Collings 335 knock-off, but I hate their LP knockoffs. (I do love my Godin LP knockoff, though)

Which model do you have? I'd love an I-35 or an Eastside but they are out of my price range.

I-35. Wife bought it as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. Not one that I'd have considered myself, but it's a great guitar. Reminds me of those great old Guild 335-styles, but better-crafted.

Back