sn5krrjt3bf7cliqfdse.jpg

dixmzytdavocoa3564ht.jpg

fqpr1r3w6alfdxjiugys.jpg

dfueuzurkycnmnq0ptka.jpg

ijrqwccjxxrghudwd7cr.jpg
u8igvqeikj5yiiyfvmuf.jpg

hfeaknzndmz4anxecj9p.jpg

Michael Kelly MT10E Triad 10E

Sometimes unique and affordable guitar designs fall short of the desired outcome, but that’s hardly the case here. If anything, the Triad 10E is an overachieving instrument that improves on the playability of the 12 string without sacrificing its characteristic chime. This unique guitar plays, sounds, and looks terrific!

There may be no peers to the Triad 10E. In addition to the exotic woods and top shelf electronics, what sets this guitar apart is the 10 strings. Contrary to traditional 12 string guitars, the 10 string set up is comprised of doubling the first, second, third and fourth strings. This provides a level of clarity, the option of better articulation and enhanced playing range all while retaining that thick and special 12 string type of tone. The Triad 10E is built around a standard non-cutaway, square-shouldered dreadnought body. Apart from the single sixth and fifth strings, the string pairs are like those on a 12-string: The D and G pairs are tuned in octaves and the B and E pairs are unisons. There are five tuners on each side of the headstock, with the G course’s lower-string tuner on the bass side.

Thanks to a shallow, C-shaped neck profile and low action, the Triad 10E can make you forget you’re playing a 10 string. You barely notice any extra fretting and picking difficulty despite the extra strings.

Though its square-shoulder dread profile is familiar, the Triad 10E’s looks are far from ordinary. The guitar boasts a solid Spruce top, complemented by a symphony of interesting tone woods. The 3-piece back incorporates a center section of Ovangkol, flanked by flamed Okoume sections. The sides and headstock cap are also Okoume. A Rosewood fretboard caps the Mah neck.

The Triad 10E comes with an Active Fishman Sonitone electronics system. The control knobs are tucked unobtrusively inside the soundhole, while the 9V battery compartment and output jack are on the lower bass bout. When you need to plug in, onboard Fishman Sonitone Active electronics give you a solid, accurate transfer of tone.

This innovative instrument delivers on the sonic and playability fronts, providing a cool doubled-string alternative in a price range where 12 strings can be same-ish in sound and construction.

No. I like the idea of the 10 string, but don't care for the shit around the sound hole or the bridge.

It's stupid. It would make much more sense to buy a 12-string and simply not double up the two bottom courses. that way, you have the benefits they imply here while still having the ability to have a standard 12-string.

Interesting idea. I'd need to play one to see if the 10 string thing is any more than a gimmick.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
----------^----------------
Like-O-Meter

It’s a cool guitar, but I’d rather that the top was designed thoughtfully to match the sides and back rather than just tacking on a weird bridge and the sound hole inlays.

I could only appreciate it by being able to play it a bit. I just don't have enough imagination to know what a 10-string would sound like.

Back