GPOTD 04.22.14

+1

It's a nice guitar, but putting the Burstbuckers in makes it too much of an LP clone. If you want something that Gibsony, then get a Gibson.

I guess it depends on how high-end that ESP is, but yeah, I tend to agree.

Why? People can't improve on a design or concept? Especially at this used price point, that thing is an LP killer.

But you don't post prices anymore, to eliminate that from the debate cop0 :wink:

Improvement on design or concept is going to be in the eye of the (be)holder.

If this is over $800.00, I would prefer a Gibby of similar ilk for the same or a bit more. At a lower price, this is a pretty damn good guitar. ESPs, even their lower-end offerings, are at least good, if not very good, if not excellent.

I guess it depends on how high-end that ESP is, but yeah, I tend to agree.

But you don't post prices anymore, to eliminate that from the debate cop0 :wink:

Improvement on design or concept is going to be in the eye of the (be)holder.

If this is over $800.00, I would prefer a Gibby of similar ilk for the same or a bit more. At a lower price, this is a pretty damn good guitar. ESPs, even their lower-end offerings, are at least good, if not very good, if not excellent.

This is one of the high end MIJ models. Incredibly high quality instruments, especially compared to your off the rack LP.

Sent from none of your fuckin' business!

Why? People can't improve on a design or concept? Especially at this used price point, that thing is an LP killer.

I expect it is. And if you had put Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers or something other than Gibson pickups in it, I wouldn't have said a thing.

It just seems like something so close to a Gibson needs to not have any Gibson in it. Otherwise, it looks like somebody settled and then tried to upgrade.

It's completely stupid and senseless, I know. For the record, I would probably take that ESP over a similar Gibson just based on my principle that I loathe Gibson's marketing.

Friends don't let friends play quilts.

If it had a different top and finish, I would like it more.

Is $1500 a good used price? Can you get a used LP Standard for that? I know for sure that I could get a PRS SC245.

It's not a good price really, these sold for around/less than that new. That said...ESP did the Fender thing when they bought Jackson and jacked the prices up recently, thus the used prices before go up.

The ESPs sold new for around $1800-2300 years ago, just depending on the model and appointments.

ooops, I missed this one

I dont hate it by any means, but it's unlikely I'd even pick it up at a shop.

Back