gbn3xgbqfigfllhv6aaj.jpg

b7pmcijrq5rpzxhphumb.jpg

e9op7i49zvgiduvgahk1.jpg

fphfm30od5vibstyseoe.jpg

qd5yzgaxuvtfetsh1zts.jpg

pgphazdk3yi8wtvjkrrg.jpg

Used 2001 Ridgewing Chrysalis

Includes: Attache Case, Mylar Balloons, Fishman Pre Amp, Extra Strings

We guarantee you've never seen another guitar quite like this one. This is a pre-owned and very rare Ridgewing Chrysalis modular acoustic-electric guitar. The Chrysalis is built with a two-piece epoxy-graphite composite frame that snaps together, along with a epoxy-graphite composite neck and a headstock whose tension is brought on by the well thought out cam lever on the back.

The guitar is meant to be played acoustically, and the mylar balloons that are included are meant to be inflated, giving the guitar its unique sound chamber. The bridge has a Fishman pieze pickup installed, and the guitar comes with a preamp that comes between you and an amp.

The tubes to help inflate the balloons have since come undone from the mylar, as the glue hasn't held up to time. However with some handy work holding the tube to the balloon you're able to inflate them - or according to the company, you can use any party store mylar balloon in their place. The guitar is in excellent condition, and includes the original attache case, all guitar pieces, mylar balloons, and an extra set of strings. The handle on the case has come undone, but the latches still work 100%.

I think it looks cool. I could do without the breaks-down-for-shipping aspect and the mylar balloon thing. Also, for $7,000 I’d buy three used Hummingbirds and flight cases.

Some assembly required. If you fill the ballons with helium will the guitar float? It's bizarre and I would never buy it, but if someone gave it to me...................

Back