ainejdqije63fk1t7skv.jpg

tneczlxvlzy7vk9eeo89.jpg

tmuptiwpxcuaa34nqxyu.jpg

pvdtwowdmnws7nr6fjud.jpg

ai2tydtmndkc7cphodyy.jpg

smbejbnpelvpoifuysjn.jpg

Bourgeois Martin Simpson 1997

1997 Bourgeoise Martin Simpson Flame Koa Model Acoustic Guitar

Beautiful Flame Koa back, sides and top; 1 11/16" nut; 25.5" scale; 2 3/8" string spacing; serial #000981;

12 frets to neck; cutaway; signed by Martin Simpson and Dana Bourgeois; Made in Lewistown Maine.

This guitar is incredibly loud and bright. Very perfect example of the koa properties of tone woods.

Feel free to contact the store for an in-hand description. 800-830-4669

Dana Bourgeois has been building guitars for nearly 40 years. He is known around the world for his superb craftsmanship and as one of the foremost authorities on the voicing, selection and utilization of fine acoustic tonewoods.

Specs:
  • 1997 Bourgeoise Martin Simpson Koa Model Acoustic Guitar
  • Flame Koa back sides and top
  • 1 11/16" nut
  • 25.5" scale
  • 2 3/8" String Spacng
  • serial #000981

He makes some absolutely stunning stuff.

This probably isn't the one I would choose, but gotta give it to the guy......pretty awesome.

I am gonna have to make the road trip over to his shop one of these days.

I've always held electric and acoustic guitars at opposite ends of the spectrum.

With electrics, I want something that sounds good and plays good, but I'm much more willing to judge an electric based on its looks.

With acoustics, I still want something that plays good, but I want something that sounds great, and I don't care if it's hideous to look at.

This one is pretty, but if it doesn't sound the way I want it to, I'm not interested at all.

I'd still pick it up and try it, but if it didn't sing like a choir of angels, I'd put it right back down.

I've always held electric and acoustic guitars at opposite ends of the spectrum.

With electrics, I want something that sounds good and plays good, but I'm much more willing to judge an electric based on its looks.

With acoustics, I still want something that plays good, but I want something that sounds great, and I don't care if it's hideous to look at.

This one is pretty, but if it doesn't sound the way I want it to, I'm not interested at all.

I'd still pick it up and try it, but if it didn't sing like a choir of angels, I'd put it right back down.

It probably does. It's a Bourgeois and Martin Simpson is a great player.

Love the look, and at the same time, I've learned to evaluate acoustics based on sound. Also, nowhere does it say that this is anything but a laminate guitar. I had one of those in figured Ash, and while beautiful for playing plugged in for a performance, it was rather uninspiring just playing it acoustically. I'd definitely have to hear it.

Love the look, and at the same time, I've learned to evaluate acoustics based on sound. Also, nowhere does it say that this is anything but a laminate guitar. I had one of those in figured Ash, and while beautiful for playing plugged in for a performance, it was rather uninspiring just playing it acoustically. I'd definitely have to hear it.

It's a Bourgeois. It is NOT a laminated guitar.

Just looked up the price, and for the asking price, I would sure guess that to be right.

Dana builds incredibly high-end guitars, in the same tier as Collings and Santa Cruz. I personally prefer Collings out of the three, but Dana's version of the D18/8 with the vintage aged voicing will blow away any Martin you'll find with those same features and at a very fair price tag... for a boutique instrument.

The GPOTD is definitely a step up from there. I'd say it probably retailed with the koa at around $7-8k new.

It's a Bourgeois so it will be a great guitar. Martin Simpson is a killer player.

But I don't like it. Not crazy about flamed koa and ESPECIALLY not the top. Slap a cedar top on that it it goes up two like-o-meter points. I still want to play it, but nothing I would ever desire to own.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
----------------^----------
Like-O-Meter

Back