GPOTD 03.25.15

I like the guitar overall, but the green neck back? No. I'm not a fan of the pickguard, either, but that doesn't bother me as much as the back of the neck.

make-it-stop.jpg

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
^--------------------------
Like-O-Meter

When I think about the cost of something like this guitar I think how you'd be better served taking a trip to a place like Wildwood and trying every guitar in the store…

Wildwood would be a crappy place to do that. It’s pretty much a small warehouse for their mail order biz, the showroom is tiny, and the employees aren’t especially friendly because they’re busy with mail order. You’d spend most of your day waiting for them to pull guitars out of the boxes.

Oh wait, I came here to shit all over that fugly PRS!

I know the guy who ordered that guitar... he lives in Anderson Indiana. I am constantly badgering him and his other rich buddy for ordering these crazy ass private stock guitars and then having them painted colors that are an assault to human eyes. :annoyed:

Next time you see him, kick him in the nuts for me, okay?

Wildwood would be a crappy place to do that. It’s pretty much a small warehouse for their mail order biz, the showroom is tiny, and the employees aren’t especially friendly because they’re busy with mail order. You’d spend most of your day waiting for them to pull guitars out of the boxes.

Oh wait, I came here to shit all over that fugly PRS!

Never been and did not know that. I came up when 48th Street was hopping, East Coast Music Mall, Sam Ash, Alto Music, Jet's Jam and so many other NYC, Westchester, and Dutchess county stores had huge amount of stock on the walls and you could generally try any of it. The warehouse store thing confuses me with guitars. I've ordered guitars to spec (well one guitar, my ASAT Special with the wide fat neck and 12" radius), so I'm not against that overall, but not having a place for people to try your guitars is lame to me.

Is Sweetwater a place where you can actually go into the store and actually try out gear?

Paul makes a nice guitar but I think his taste was developed at the knee of the guy who paints dogs playing poker on black velvet.

Back