Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Front_Full_zpsayyrthnq.jpg

Back_zpsdn47vchh.jpg

Headstock_zpsr9qqa8sq.jpg

Neck_zpsfk7dce84.jpg

Case_zpsrbbtgals.jpg

Santa Cruz OO 1929 12 Fret All Mahogany

I will start by saying this is an exceptional guitar. I don’t say that lightly, but it’s true! You won’t believe the sound coming from this small body. Richard Hoover loves mahogany as a tone wood, and wanted to make a guitar that showcased mahogany’s good tonal properties. This is that guitar.

This OO 1929 all Mahogany was built in 2009. It is in mint condition with no issues to report. I can assure whoever gets this guitar will be overjoyed.

Click HERE for a Video Review

$2995 gets this shipped to your door. OHSC Included. PayPal (Friends) preferred. Can’t do trades for this one.

From the Santa Cruz Website:

The Robb Report showcases the simple elegance of this SCGC model as a way to ‘own the extraordinary’ instead of ‘settle for the ordinary.’ Welcomed internationally as both timely and timeless, the 1929-00 has received sparkling reviews from the most prestigious publications in France, Germany, UK and the US. This instrument’s design pays homage to the simple and elegant instruments made for players enduring the Great Depression of 1929. Vintage inspired appointments include scalloped bracing, a period correct script style logo done tastefully in Ivoroid and beautifully executed Ebony pyramid bridge, bridge pins, tuner buttons, head-plate and fretboard. The rosette is an exercise in austere elegance with a rich tortoise ring nestled in a vintage Ivoroid border. See and hear.

Body Wood Type: Mahogany
Back Stripe: None
Binding: Mahogany
Other: 12 Fret
Top Wood Type: Mahogany
Rosette: Ivoroid/Tortoise/Ivoroid
Purfling: Black
Bracing/Voicing: Scalloped
Neck Peghead: Solid VJ
Peghead Binding: None
Overlay Material: Ebony
Headstock Inlay: SCGC Vintage Script Logo
Width at Nut: 1-3/4″
Neck Shape: V
Fingerboard: Side Dots, White
Inlay: None
Width at 14th Fret: 2-3/16″
Binding: Black
Scale Length: 24.75
Finish:
Top: Clear
Back & Sides: Clear/Buffed
Neck: Clear/Matte
Pickguard: Tortoise
Tuners/gears: Nickel open-back w/Ebony Buttons

I would take it in a heartbeat. Perhaps the best acoustic I've ever strummed is a Martin 00-15M, and for this type of guitar, a 12-feet neck should provide incredible articulation for each note.

Not my thing aesthetically, but I bet it is a superb guitar. I've played a couple of Santa Cruz guitars over the years, and they were both wonderful guitars.

I'm sure it's a stellar guitar that sounds and plays wonderfully, but it's not for me. Also given that it's a Santa Cruz, it's not something I'll ever be able to afford (or justify).

What's not to like about that? That's hot. I might not jive with the v neck shape but I'd sure like to play that. Almost bought an all hog small body acoustic. They sound wonderful.

Smoking hot!! I'd prefer a different top wood, but I'd take that in a heartbeat.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
--------------------^------
Like-O-Meter

Mahogany acoustics look so damned good. Too bad I never play the one I already have.

Back