• Macassar ebony back/sides
  • Cedar top with burst
  • 12-fret Grand Concert body
  • 9v Expression System pickup
  • Koa binding
  • Abalone rosette
  • Ebony bridge, fretboard, and headplate
  • 1 and 3/4" nut, 24 and 7/8" scale

I've had a few of these 2011 Fall LTD's in the shop, and all of them have impressed. The short-scale neck is a joy to play, and combined with Macassar and cedar makes for a very warm and lively tonal palette. Surprisingly rich tone for a Taylor, too. I also love the burst they did on these. Comes with original hardshell case.

Cosmetically, this guitar is in excellent condition, with only extremely minor signs of handling.

I'd really like to get my hands on this one; ebony is a brighter wood and Taylors are already voiced fairly bright, but I wonder how that cedar top tames it. Very cool concept.

My natural aversion to slotted headstock's with steel strings does not apply to this one...

I love it...I want it...

...George...

If it had a clear top finish instead of the burst, it would be perfect. I would still take it as is though.

I'm sure it's a fine guitar (like all Taylors seem to be), but I just don't like sunburst and painted finishes on acoustic guitars. I could take or leave the cutaway, too.

Other than that, I like it.

Not a 12-fret fan, but the cutaway makes it tolerable. I'd not drop the cash, but I'd gladly take one. You all missed my birthday at the beginning of the month, but it's really never to late to make up for lack of social graces.:thu:

Reactions: Tig
I am not a fan of Taylor guitars, but this is a looker and cedar does tend to mitigate the Taylor 'sound' that I don't care for. I'd give it a try....

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
---------------^-----------
Like-O-Meter

I am not a fan of Taylor guitars, but this is a looker and cedar does tend to mitigate the Taylor 'sound' that I don't care for. I'd give it a try....

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
---------------^-----------
Like-O-Meter
The guitar that mitigated the Taylor sound for me was a 210ce. Rosewood back and sides makes it different from the typical Taylor recipe and I found it didn't have that usual Taylor sound to me.

210ce-front-taylor-guitars-large.jpg

The guitar that mitigated the Taylor sound for me was a 210ce. Rosewood back and sides makes it different from the typical Taylor recipe and I found it didn't have that usual Taylor sound to me.

210ce-front-taylor-guitars-large.jpg

There was a Taylor I almost bought many moons ago and that was a 710CE....rosewood/cedar. I really liked that combo.

There was a Taylor I almost bought many moons ago and that was a 710CE....rosewood/cedar. I really liked that combo.
You know, one of the reasons I don't actually own an acoustic is because I'm so damned picky when it comes to them. Electrics I like diversity, acoustics I seem to really like one sound, and that's spruce top with rosewood back and sides. Mahogany is... meh... Cedar with rosewood is a tad dark for me. I dunno... I'm weird. But I think you knew that already.

Back