“Thank God that I’m still alive...Now I’ve got to go figure out why.”

Steverino

black sheep
imrs.php

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...an-cant-believe-hes-alive/?ocid=ansWashpost11

Before he offered the world his best impression of a man trapped in a sardine can, Kaleb Whitby had never even been in a car wreck. Now that he has — walking away from a 26-car pileup on Interstate 84 in Oregon on Saturday with exactly two Band-Aids and some ice — the 27-year-old farmer has some serious thinking to do.

Wow. Now that is one lucky guy.

I remember that. The guy was barely injured!
life_brian_dungeon.png

Too bad people have to survive a near death experience before they ask "What am I here for?".

Too bad people have to survive a near death experience before they ask "What am I here for?".

I prefer to survive car crashes by not having them, but it is also true I am emphatically unenthusiastic about models of the world based on personal teleology.

It would have sucked to survive this only to be burned by the caustic contents in the right trailer. I looked up UN number 3320. One of the two possible contents would be: "sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda". :embarrassed:

220px-Sodium_hydroxide_burn.png

It would have sucked to survive this only to be burned by the caustic contents in the right trailer. I looked up UN number 3320. One of the two possible contents would be: "sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda". :embarrassed:

My sister in law works for some chemical recycling company or something like that and she tells a horrible story about one of their trucks over turning on the road and some poor passerby running to help the driver. Can't remember what it was but it knocked her out but the fumes knocked her out and the acid essentially melted her :messedup:

My sister in law works for some chemical recycling company or something like that and she tells a horrible story about one of their trucks over turning on the road and some poor passerby running to help the driver. Can't remember what it was but it knocked her out but the fumes knocked her out and the acid essentially melted her :messedup:

Very sad and tragic. :(

Sodium hydroxide usually ships in pellet form, but that can change with some heat or possibly under other influences.

My old HAZMAT captain had a few sayings:
Anything that leaves it's container and can become harmful is HAZMAT. Even things that are not considered hazardous can become so in the right quantities. Eating a pint of ice cream isn't hazardous, but if you eat the whole gallon, you'll find out it is! :fan:

On approaching possible HAZMAT material: If you don't know, don't go, it might blow.

Last edited:
I once did a local girl,(Sheila),on a Friday...
Then a gal that was here from Cal visiting her Dad,(Lisa)....On Saturday..
And Miss Nude Ontario on Sunday,(Charlene), and for a few weeks after that..

I sure wish the gals that I do now looked like they did back then.....................

Yeah, the other is R 125, which is a non flammable refrigerant and is a green placard. Dude was lucky in many ways. Could you imagine surviving unscathed, then slowly being dissolved from the feet up?

Back