Kauer Daylighter Bass super sale!

dougk

b00b
large.jpg

Having a sale on the NAMM 2014 Daylighter Bass demo model. We have to pay the 2015 NAMM registration next week... so blowing a couple things out. :wink:

http://www.kauerguitars.com/sunset-limited/2013/4449-168-daylighter-bass-34-2013-model

While it was a demo model at NAMM, I'd say it's still virtually mint condition. Better than if it had been hanging in a guitar store for a month.

The Daylighter Bass, often requested and just started into production. This was 2013 model Daylighter Bass features a Klein Pickups P/J set, 34" scale, graphite reinforced, flamed Maple neck, Hipshot Tuners and Bridge and our 6 bolt neck joint. Looking for a killer take on the traditional P/J, this is for you.

Specs:

• Spanish Cedar body, Maple neck with graphite reinforcement and 6 bolt, recessed neck pocket
  • Hipshot Bridge and Ultralite Tuners
  • African Blackwood Fretboard, 34" scale
  • Klein Pickups P/J combo with Tone / Blend / Volume
  • .84"-.88" thick light C neck
  • 8.6lbs

1750 + S/H this week only. Otherwise, it'll be the 2015 demo model :wink:

It's a killer sounding bass. If you combine mahogany and swamp ash, that's kind of what Spanish Cedar sounds like as a bass. Was killer. I'm hoping to sell this one so I can build a new demo one for NAMM.

That's awesome. And it's way above my budget. If you want to give me a $1200 discount I might be able to do it.

Have you sold many basses?

Not really. As soon as I built my first Daylighter I had people bugging me up and down for years about doing a Bass version. Soon as I do, they are no where to be found. Almost as bad as drummers... LOL

Doug... you should make a few 2-Tek basses. :wink:

If people would order them I would in a heartbeat.

Man, if I had the cash and it was a short scale, I would nab that.

Chad, this could be reconfigured with a 32" scale neck. The 32" is actually my favorite, the original prototype is 32" and that's the only one I play. I'd be willing to do a 32" neck as an extra neck for cost of the hardware on it.

Chad, this could be reconfigured with a 32" scale neck. The 32" is actually my favorite, the original prototype is 32" and that's the only one I play. I'd be willing to do a 32" neck as an extra neck for cost of the hardware on it.

shitbricks0

Not really. As soon as I built my first Daylighter I had people bugging me up and down for years about doing a Bass version. Soon as I do, they are no where to be found. Almost as bad as drummers... LOL
If people would order them I would in a heartbeat...

Can you do your basses the way you do your Arcturus line... so some of the pieces can mix and match?

Can you do your basses the way you do your Arcturus line... so some of the pieces can mix and match?

Basically how we do it. The bridge is fixed but the neck can be 32 or 34" scale. I don't have the pickups on a universal PG though.

typical f'ing bass players, all talk about what you'd rather have.

:wink: :tongue: (jk)

Though I did have someone say "oh I'd totally buy it if it had different knobs". I told them I could change the knobs. <silence>

Though I did have someone say "oh I'd totally buy it if it had different knobs". I told them I could change the knobs. <silence>

no really, how much for a 30" scale one?

I see you skipped right over my "if I had the cash" statement :grin:

If I wasn't trying to pay off some bills and save up for a down payment for a house, I would be ordering something from you. I am probably 2 years off from the house, so once it is bought or I win the lottery, you will be getting a call from me.

Back