Hot or Not? MGK Twangcaster Pine Barncaster

other than the fugly pickguard that looks like it's been peed on over the years, it's nice. Mike Gee gets no love over at tdpri, but I certainly see him as a kindred spirit.

That guitar is one letter away from being awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. That being said I do not usually account for labor because well... .

So basically, you made my point. I'm not trying to be a dick here but even your budget one cost about the same as what he's stilling that guitar for. At that price, I'm not really sure what the point is other than to just get rid of it.

Reactions: Tig
So basically, you made my point. I'm not trying to be a dick here but even your budget one cost about the same as what he's stilling that guitar for. At that price, I'm not really sure what the point is other than to just get rid of it.

I went out of my way to make your point. :wink:

If I were doing it for a living then the pieces would go for a minimum of $800 but most would be in the $1,200-$1,600 range. Pretty much just like you.

He has a new one up:
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271556825773

Dammit. If he could just tone them back a hair and not make them so tacky, I'd fucking buy one right now. AHHH! Really?! I'm not gonna play the Dutch flag.

Hello everyone! I Am Mike Grindstaff, aka Mike Gee. I would like to thank those of you who have left a constructive comment.

To those of you who obviously must be 10 or 12 years old, mayI suggest you grow up. If my guitars are not your thing then be an adult and say "Not My Thing". Quit being a Bag and making comments that you wouldn't let your kids say to someones face, much less "Anonymously" on line. If you don't know me personally, don't make Personal comments. If you haven't played one of my guitars, dont make assumptions (remember what your Grandpa said about the word assume?).

I build great guitars for the guy who doesn't have $1500 for an axe. Need something worthy of a $3000 price tag... Ill build it for you and only charge you $1500 (Lollars included). Also, every guitar is unique. Some are similar, however no 2 are exactly alike. So if you need another pristine Butterscotch Blonde Tele go to Guitar center...... They have 12 on the wall. I build with an artistic eye, using found and reclaimed items (the oxidized tin (and yes tin oxidizes like every other metal) was found down the street on the way to Taco Bell), quality new and used (even some vintage) parts, hand applied stains, and Nitro Finishes. My Shop is in the Ghetto near the airport..... RENT IS CHEEP. I built my own spray booth and my power tools do not say Jet on the side....does that make me less of a builder? Over 700 customers in 30 countries do not think so.

When Paul Reed Smith started people said his stuff was shaped weird. And people were Luke Warm over the idea that he used something called a "CnC". Now your willing to spend tens of thousands for one of those early production models....

In closing.. The average troll will leave some snide comment saying my guitars are crap, I don't have the right to call myself a guitar builder, that I'm a crappy Musician, and that I couldn't make a bowel of cereal to save my life. (all things they have no intimate knowledge or experience with) To them I say..... When you get home tonight dust off your favorite guitar and play the dam thing... Enjoy it even if it is a Squire. (with a proper set up any guitar can play fantastic) Call up some buddies, grab a beer (or Iced Tea if your sober like some of us) and rock out! Create something rather than piss all over someones product, idea, or dream while you hide behind clever avatars and screen names. You wouldn't let your 8 year old act like that, so why do you????

Mike Gee
Mike Gee Kustoms
602-769-1131

The attached Guitar is one I finished on Saturday. Reasonably asking $599 ($1800 for those who need to spend more to feel like they have a "Real" guitar. Free Shipping with $1800 payment! LOL). Nitro finish, 1956 Texas License Plate, Hand wound Pickup, just shy of 6 lbs.
Welcome to the Internet, Sensitive Sally. Going back through the thread, we were actually pretty easy on you. A bit of advice - if the majority of people somewhere like you and a few don't, suck it up, take it in stride, and don't act like a defensive, condescending whiner.

I liked your work for the most part, but you just turned me off.

Hello everyone! I Am Mike Grindstaff, aka Mike Gee. I would like to thank those of you who have left a constructive comment.

To those of you who obviously must be 10 or 12 years old, mayI suggest you grow up. If my guitars are not your thing then be an adult and say "Not My Thing". Quit being a Bag and making comments that you wouldn't let your kids say to someones face, much less "Anonymously" on line. If you don't know me personally, don't make Personal comments. If you haven't played one of my guitars, dont make assumptions (remember what your Grandpa said about the word assume?).

I build great guitars for the guy who doesn't have $1500 for an axe. Need something worthy of a $3000 price tag... Ill build it for you and only charge you $1500 (Lollars included). Also, every guitar is unique. Some are similar, however no 2 are exactly alike. So if you need another pristine Butterscotch Blonde Tele go to Guitar center...... They have 12 on the wall. I build with an artistic eye, using found and reclaimed items (the oxidized tin (and yes tin oxidizes like every other metal) was found down the street on the way to Taco Bell), quality new and used (even some vintage) parts, hand applied stains, and Nitro Finishes. My Shop is in the Ghetto near the airport..... RENT IS CHEEP. I built my own spray booth and my power tools do not say Jet on the side....does that make me less of a builder? Over 700 customers in 30 countries do not think so.

When Paul Reed Smith started people said his stuff was shaped weird. And people were Luke Warm over the idea that he used something called a "CnC". Now your willing to spend tens of thousands for one of those early production models....

In closing.. The average troll will leave some snide comment saying my guitars are crap, I don't have the right to call myself a guitar builder, that I'm a crappy Musician, and that I couldn't make a bowel of cereal to save my life. (all things they have no intimate knowledge or experience with) To them I say..... When you get home tonight dust off your favorite guitar and play the dam thing... Enjoy it even if it is a Squire. (with a proper set up any guitar can play fantastic) Call up some buddies, grab a beer (or Iced Tea if your sober like some of us) and rock out! Create something rather than piss all over someones product, idea, or dream while you hide behind clever avatars and screen names. You wouldn't let your 8 year old act like that, so why do you????

Mike Gee
Mike Gee Kustoms
602-769-1131

The attached Guitar is one I finished on Saturday. Reasonably asking $599 ($1800 for those who need to spend more to feel like they have a "Real" guitar. Free Shipping with $1800 payment! LOL). Nitro finish, 1956 Texas License Plate, Hand wound Pickup, just shy of 6 lbs.

Welcome to the Internet, Sensitive Sally. Going back through the thread, we were actually pretty easy on you. A bit of advice - if the majority of people somewhere like you and a few don't, suck it up, take it in stride, and don't act like a defensive, condescending whiner.

I liked your work for the most part, but you just turned me off.
I'd have to agree with Jaxn. We like to talk about guitars here, and the folks have strong opinions. Most builders who end up here take it with a grain of salt since this ends up being an incredibly supportive forum to the smaller builders like Doug Kauer, Mark McFeely, Telenator, Isaac Berumen and Paul Rhoney. We like rooting for the little guy here (although the community won't like everything and can be blunt about it), but we won't if you come in acting like this. Just my 2 cents.

Mike Gee
Mike Gee Kustoms
602-769-1131

I actually like a bunch of your guitars, but this post kind of puts me off.

Reactions: Tig
Back