Two A Day

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
I've started seeing some really great gains (almost 30 pounds lost!) and have been thinking about how to improve from here. A couple of times last week I went back to the gym in the evening to burn off some extra calories I had consumed and found I really like doing evening cardio. I was thinking of trying this:

Workout One: 30 min lifting am, 60 min cardio pm
Workout Two: 60 min cardio am
Workout Three: 30 min lifting am, 60 min cardio pm
Workout Four: 60 min cardio am
Workout Five: 30 min lifting am, 60 min cardio pm
Workout Six: 60 min cardio am

Do you think that would be overkill? I'm really hoping to hit the 50 lb mark by Pragestock and I'd like to crack 300 by the end of year and while I'm definitely getting stronger, that cardio sheds the weight faster. Thoughts?

I can't comment on if this is overkill or not, but you are seriously kicking ass, Andy! 8)

I will add that while workouts obviously burn calories, increased muscle mass burns more calories as well. When we replace body fat with muscle, we are able to burn more of our caloric intake as the "engine" now displaces more functional volume.

Not overkill just listen to your body. I go in for 1 1/2 of Olympic Lifting in the morning and 1 hour regular Crossfit class 4 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not overkill just listen to your body. I go in for 1 1/2 of Olympic Lifting in the morning and 1 hour regular Crossfit class 4 days a week.

I'm fat. My body is like "Let's eat chicken nuggets on the couch than smoke a bowl, eat a bag of Cheetos, and slay dragons!"

I'm fat. My body is like "Let's eat chicken nuggets on the couch than smoke a bowl, eat a bag of Cheetos, and slay dragons!"
Well when you are extra sore, or dragging take a day off. Or go in a lift light and have an active recovery day. Take the dog for a walk, do some yoga, or something else that keeps you moving but not working too hard.

Reactions: Tig
Well when you are extra sore, or dragging take a day off. Or go in a lift light and have an active recovery day. Take the dog for a walk, do some yoga, or something else that keeps you moving but not working too hard.

That's what I did on Saturday. I was wiped... I did my normal weights plus about six miles between Thursday and Friday, with Friday being in the pouring rain all day.

I can't comment on if this is overkill or not, but you are seriously kicking ass, Andy! 8)

I will add that while workouts obviously burn calories, increased muscle mass burns more calories as well. When we replace body fat with muscle, we are able to burn more of our caloric intake as the "engine" now displaces more functional volume.

Absolutely and that's one reason I do them as often as I do. Plus I don't want to be some suddenly thinner dude who just has lots of weird loose skin because they didn't put some muscle on behind it.

Reactions: Tig
Unless you’re training for a marathon that much cardio is absurd. The only people I’ve known who do that much cardio were anorexic fashion models and an IFBB pros who didn’t have a good coach. If you just want some extra exercise try working in some lower impact stuff like cycling and biking.

Unless you’re training for a marathon that much cardio is absurd. The only people I’ve known who do that much cardio were anorexic fashion models and an IFBB pros who didn’t have a good coach. If you just want some extra exercise try working in some lower impact stuff like cycling and biking.

I'm training for a Spartan run and a 5k now.

I completely disagree. Especially since Andy tends toward longer steady cardio sessions. He could shorten it up with some tabata or HIT, but that is not what he is doing right now.

Cycling is cardio. Playing basketball is cardio. Whatever. An hour of cardio a day isn't absurd at all.

Running might be a concern for the knees, given his weight; maybe wait until 250? IDK, I'm not a trainer.

At any rate... Andy, you're awesome, we're proud of you, keep at it, you won't regret this, etc.

If you feel encouraged to do it, give it a shot. Listen to your body and if it demands a lighter load or rest day don't guilt yourself. It's an ambitious regimen but you can work yourself up to it.

Back