Dude be trippin'

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Found this post on the HC Acoustic Guitar forum:

Please save me some time, and pick an acoustic guitar for me.
Hello everyone. Before I ask for a recommendation, a disclaimer. Please don't tell me, "It's all a personal preference", because I know it is. I have played guitar for 13 years (around the time I joined this forum!) I am looking for what the most commonly recommended, "can't-go-wrong" suggestions here are on HC without searching the forum for hours. Sorry to be blunt, but hopefully you can help me!

I need to buy an acoustic/electric guitar for under $800 new. I prefer really light action (which I know has more to do with the setup) but perhaps a thinner neck too? Reasoning is, I have thumb pain while playing acoustics for extended periods at times. From going to the stores, I have also found that I like the sound of Taylor's. Something about their presence, and brightness. But I don't want to limit my selection to just Taylors, because again, it wouldn't matter how bright it is if the pickup is doing the work when playing live. So my question again: Are there some universal recommendations here on HC for acoustic electrics under $800 that I should consider to hunt out and play? I don't mind the body shape, however I would like a cutaway. Thank you so much!

Maybe he'd also like someone to pick out a wife for him. But don't tell him "It's all a personal preference". messedup0 :facepalm:

Needless to say, most replies have told him it's all personal preference.

The obvious answer is a Zager EZ-Play guitar!

hypnotized.gif

It irrtates me when electric only players start look for an acoustic that
1. Plays like their shred-o-caster.
2. Is built as well as a nice Martin or Taylor but is 1/3 the price.
3. Plan to play it plugged in only and have no concept of what a good acoustic is supposed to actually sound like.
These people should be exiled to a desert island with only a decent old D18 and no electricity for at least 5 years.

Reactions: DFB
It irrtates me when electric only players start look for an acoustic that
1. Plays like their shred-o-caster.
2. Is built as well as a nice Martin or Taylor but is 1/3 the price.
3. Plan to play it plugged in only and have no concept of what a good acoustic is supposed to actually sound like.
These people should be exiled to a desert island with only a decent old D18 and no electricity for at least 5 years.
that'd be me

I got a yammy somethingsomething...

works great!

He had a weak moment, was bored and needed to connect with someone on a guitar forum? Pretty sure he knows personal preference is the only thing he has to go forward with. Or, he's having a little fun with the acoustic gear psyche by asking people not to use the very words they're spring loaded to. Easy fun.

Back