What are you practicing this week?

I have lots of other things I SHOULD be practicing. I just love the first 8 bars or so of this.

More tunes but learning some vocals for these tunes. As for technique, need to get back to some basic exercises again such as sequences - kind of out of sorts.

Not exactly practicing..more like picking the guitar up and just seeing what comes out. it's interesting where your hands will take you on a guitar without any preconceived direction. I find myself dropping into Little Charlie and the Nightcats and Nighthawks stuff. Quick, jump blues.

An acoustic version of Voodoo Chile (Slight Return).

I'm getting some serious mileage out of throwing an extra pinky up the neck or index back to get an extra fifth or octave in place of a distorted power chord. :baimun:

Turning my one stage solo into a slide solo without significantly changing it otherwise, and without changing tunings/guitars.

Playing tunes and generally working on improv, particularly minor blues and and static minor & minor/major chords. Also have a few Hank Mobley licks I've picked up that I'm trying to find as many uses for as possible and am trying to work them into every song I'm improvising over this week.

Everything and nothing in particular. All of it is original stuff so nothing has to stick to a set score. That's the most fun I get from playing now.

Besides my ii V I stuff I've become obsessed with Delta country blues this week too. Hope I remember the music I'm supposed to play this afternoon.

Kicking Up Cinders has another band competition coming up at the end of June and we've decided to add two more of my songs, so I'm writing out charts and working on being able to sing harmonies and play my part at the same time.

This week... just added a medley to our set list:

Land Down Under (Men at Work)
No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley)
Hey Soul Sister (Train)
and then a Reprise with the Land Down Under Chorus, 4 lines of "No Woman No Cry", 4 lines of "Everything Gonna Be All Right" and the last word is "Tonight...." (from the Train chorus)

That should be a solid 8 or 9 minute hunk added to the set list. :helper:

I should also add that one of my pieces is in DADGAD' so it's a bit harder to chart for Kaitlin. I love playing with her, but she only knows a handful of chords, so anything out of that wheelhouse takes a bit longer to explain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back