Garry W Tallent is playing my bass

Pine Apple Slim

Armchair Expert
My Newark St Starfire, or one that looks just like it. Also a blonde Starfire with the same config, same bridge, same single bridge pickup, same double finger rests. His may be custom Guild USA builds IDK, but the red one looks exactly like mine. He played the Guilds for over 1/2 the 3+ hr shows in Nashville and Charlotte.
19b3e8213cde4605ae643337b7d0579c_zps53dd6918.jpg

Took the wife on a little Springsteen road trip this week. Sure made me feel good about my selection of a new bass a few months back. Two great shows by the way. The huge 16 piece E Street Band has really tightened up since he formed it a couple of yrs ago shortly after Clarences passing. Charlotte was truely exceptional with many tour premiers and rarely performed covers. He did his new Vietnam Memorial song "The Wall" followed up with "Born in the USA". Finally doing BITUSA in the USA after many years of not doing it because of the rah rah misinterpretation back in the day. Very powerful combo. Intense like the Bruce of old. Tom Morrello was great too. He had a new guitar trick where he unplugged his guitar and made musical noises with the live end of his guitar cord, cool as hell.

Last edited:
Back