Formula 1 discussion

Thoroughly enjoyed that one. Gutierrez just getting out of the cockpit like nothing happened was really fantastic to see. Montezemolo walking away in disgust. The intra-team dicing. Hamilton defending the lead after the safety car ducking in.

Man, Mercedes looks strong! Another big blow out.

Vettel... what a dick. His true colors show more and more with each race.

How about Alonso? !

He outdrove his car, amazing.

I hate having to wait 3 weeks for another race.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

It looks Mercedes is walking away with a double championship this year. They are in another league compared to the rest of the field.

Alonso drove a helluva race, once again getting more out of the car than what it really is.

Vettel proved that he is a grade A asshole, so I'm glad Ricciardo is trouncing him.

Other than that it wasn't the most exciting race, but I am surprised that those collisions at the start didn't end up with any damage to the cars at all. Kudos to Bottas to hanging on after getting hit by Kimi in Turn 1.

The end of the race was very exciting with Rosberg running down Hamilton in the closing laps. Of course the SLOOWW pit stops that Hamilton had contributed to letting Rosberg get so close to him, but it made things interesting at least. Vettel's race was spectacular working all the way from 15th to 4th like that with a car that is down on power vs. the Mercedes powered cars. That Red Bull chassis is as strong as ever. If Renault can get better power I think Red Bull can seriously make a challenge to Mercedes this year. The battle between Kimi and Fernando was a good one too, but Ferrari are completely out to lunch for this years WCC and WDC. McLaren looks pathetic too.

The Ferrari woes are so uncharacteristic, but they should continue to improve.

I love seeing a strong Williams team.

Didn't see any of the race..quite frankly I'm already souring on the season because while I'm glad it's someone other that RB winning races it's only Mercedes winning races. I had really hoped for a lot of back and forth and multiple contenders this year but doesn't seem to be the case

I think Red Bull may have a shot at winning in Monaco since the nature of the track negates the power advantage that Mercedes has at the moment. I wouldn't mind seeing Ricciardo get a win. He's really quick and with the way he has been whipping Vettel he deserves a top step on the podium.

I think Red Bull may have a shot at winning in Monaco since the nature of the track negates the power advantage that Mercedes has at the moment. I wouldn't mind seeing Ricciardo get a win. He's really quick and with the way he has been whipping Vettel he deserves a top step on the podium.

True but Monaco is also a pitstop pass only GP these days so if you are back in the pack you have no chance to win. If Mercedes qualify 1-2 again that might be the race :(

True but Monaco is also a pitstop pass only GP these days so if you are back in the pack you have no chance to win. If Mercedes qualify 1-2 again that might be the race :(

Yup.

Although it is also the one place where the Mercedes could get out qualified by a more nimble chassis.

No spoilers, but history was just made in Monaco. What a race!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

The race was pretty much decided in qualifying as usual in terms of the front of the grid. But it was nice to see Marussia get their first points ever. Who know? Maybe there will be more DNF's at the end of the season when the engines have a lot more miles on them.

I think Nico learned a few tricks from his time with Schumacher, but he has perfected it to where he didn't get penalized.

Reactions: OGG
What a crazy end to the Canadian GP!

I am crushed for Felipe Massa and Williams.

While I am no fan of Red Bull, I enjoyed seeing Ricciardo get the victory.

Tough break for Hamilton, but an even tougher break for Marussia after their Monaco miracle.

Force India is looking a lot stronger.

I watched the last 20 laps of today's race, which is kind of a novel thing for me. It was intense!

I love that track in Montreal too. It is hard on the cars apparently, but it looks fantastic on TV. :)

Excellent race. While it sucks that Hamilton's car broke, at least something finally happened to make the race interesting from the front to the back of the grid. It appears reliability issues are now coming into play in the outcome of the race for the frontrunners now. If Hamilton can get back on form for the next bunch of races it will bring the WDC down to the wire.

I saw the last few laps. I wasn't sure exactly who was at fault in the crash but it seems like Perez got penalized. It was a scary crash, glad to see no one got hurt, Vettel was lucky to have escaped being collected up in it.

Glad to see Ricciardo get a win he seems very likeable. I hope that there are a couple of other teams that can start challenging. FI is looking pretty good Ferrari is not

Perez is one of three current drivers who doesn't belong in an F1 car along with Maldonado and Kobayashi.

All three of those asshats are flirting with creating the first fatality since Senna.

The Ferrari woes are mind boggling. I can't believe how behind the curve they are. I really hoped the rumors of them stealing Adrian Newey would pan out, but no such luck. He just signed a long term extension with Red Bull.

I think the most shocking team right now is Lotus. They are in real danger of being unable to put cars on the grid next year. With their myriad financial troubles already threatening their ability to continue, their performance is scaring away potential investors.

Austria Qualifying Spoiler alert! !!

My man Felipe Massa takes Pole Position! !!

With teammate Valteri Bottas taking 2nd for a Team Williams front row lockout!

Incredible! I am so happy for Felipe, I almost cried. Equally happy for sir Frank and the rest of the team.

Vettel continues to unravel, failing to get into Q3 while being outqualified by Ricciardo and Danil Kvyat. I love it!

Tomorrow will be the most exciting race in years.

Spoilers........

Looks like Massa had some slow pit stops and a crappy overall strategy for the race. He did well, but the hope of a Williams return to the top was short-lived. I guess they made the podium, but I was really pulling for them to get the win. Anyway, they add to their points total, and this year is the best in a while, so they should be event better next year.

The strategy for Williams was very questionable. I knew Massa was screwed when they left him out there while the Mercedes were pitting.

Still a good showing and a fun race to watch.

I laughed out loud when Vettel lost drive and slowed to a crawl. His season is over.

Alonso once again overperformed in a sub par car while Kimi continued to add fuel to the fire of rumors that Ferrari will send him packing after the season.

Checo didn't kill anybody, so that's good.

Back