Apollo 12

Stomias

Eb13+5+9

One of my moon shots that Alan Bean signed when he visited my work. Sat and shot the breeze with him about his visit to the moon. The X above the B in his name was his landing site as the LEM pilot for Apollo 12...

Cool beyond cool. 8)

I have few regrets in life, and one is not buying an original Alan Bean painting back when he was first doing it. A local small gallery and frame shop has a few between $800-$1200 and I didn't have the vision or money to see what an incredible investment one or two would make.

thwap0

Yeah, his paintings are great. He made a little doodle when he signed that pic but I don't know where it is! I met several of the Apollo astronauts when we had the Apollo 8 25 year anniversary here. The most famous ones at that. I've talked with Jim Lovell many times as he frequently visits his old spacecraft here.

Nice!

I got to talk to Alan Shepard a couple of times, and got my copy of Moonshot signed. He was on the Board of a company I worked at for a few years.

Jim Lovell, Rusty Schweickart, and Deke Slayton were all really nice.
I can't say the same about Alan Shepherd, but he was pissing in the next urinal so maybe that was the problem. :wink:

Deke had his racer and a yellow Stearman at the old League City airstrip (now turned into a neighborhood) where I used to skydive. He would takeoff in the little green one and build speed just feet above the runway and pop up at the end of the runway at crazy ass speed. He'd tinker with stuff in his hanger space and would chat with you until he got busy. I never asked for an autograph or acted star struck, because he was just too cool to do that to.

GetAsset.aspx

Last edited:
Deke had his racer and a yellow Stearman at the old League City airstrip (now turned into a neighborhood) where I used to skydive. He would takeoff and build speed just feet above the runway and pop up at the end of the runway at crazy ass speed. He'd tinker with stuff in his hanger space and would chat with you until he got busy. I never asked for an autograph or acted star struck, because he was just too cool to do that to.

GetAsset.aspx

So awesome.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Back