Sitting in with Sideways Down at the London Pub Costa Mesa

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
During my off period (Bands not gigging) I will sit in with various bands when invited. This past Friday it was with my friends band Sideways Down again. Equipped with earplugs and a different gig rig for the night, I played 3 sets with them for the night.

On the song the "The Weight", I invited our friend Bruce up to play my guitar and experience my rig for the evening. Needless to say, he loved it!

Sitting in with Sideways Down.jpg

What is so special about the rig?

Well I used my Blues/Rock/Country Board and my Gibson LP Studio Plus...

My side of the stage - S.jpg

But let us take a closer look at the amp rig! Two Mesa/Boogie Thiele Cabs with WTF is that on top of the top cab?

QuilterBoogie Rig - S.jpg

It is a Quilter ToneBlock200. No I don't own it but this unit was perfect for this type of gig. More about it in a thread in the amp section!!!

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/quilter-toneblock-200-damn.58714/

Quilter Tone Block - s.jpg

Last edited:
How did the Quilter sound? It looks like a very interesting solution for either an ultra-portable, or backup rig.

How did the Quilter sound? It looks like a very interesting solution for either an ultra-portable, or backup rig.

I loved it!!! Gonna flip one of my Jet City 20 heads now. As for the Quilter being a backup amp, I don't think so. It will have its place in the rotation as it is perfect for my Jazz rig and general rock gig when I sit on classic rock type adventures. Yes I will still use tube amps to but the tube amps fit better where the bands play with more dynamics.

neato!

also, I'd like to say that the title of this thread is very confusing when you are 3 sheets to the wind.

Back