Quilter ToneBlock 200 - Damn!!!

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I didn't buy one yet but was really lucky to get my hands on one. A friend of mine brought it to me at last weeks OC jam and said that I could borrow it for a test run. Many who have followed some of my strange guitar posts will know who this little amp belongs too!

The gain on the amp was set to guitar where it was set just before going over into a mild OD was used. On the Coutour, I used the notch at 11:embarrassed:0 where I love to run things almost flat. And the Master was set to 10Watts - lots of power used from a safe distance.

Quilter Tone Block - s.jpg

I ran this little powerhouse through my two Mesa/Boogie Thiele Cabs and it just sounded fantastic. Don't get me wrong as I love the tube sound but for a standard rock gig with pedals this little beast is the bomb!!! I back off on my volume knob and it cleans up nicely. Put it up to 10 and get to that point were crunch might begin if I strike the strings hard. Kick in a boost pedal and magic! For a first run using my Blues/Country/Rock board with this amp, all of my sounds were there plus some that I never thought I would hear. Using my MIJ Strat, Paisley Drive, Comp and Tape Echo I was able to get some Gilmour and EJ type sounds - just to way cool!

QuilterBoogie Rig - S.jpg

It is now safe to sell one of my two Jet City JCA20 amps now.

Last edited:
Back