so I ordered more pepper seeds

Punchy

Slacker Supreme
Right? I ordered four new varieties. They showed up today, along with SEVEN OTHER KINDS.

Including the Trinidad Scorpion and Brown Moruga. Aye carumba!
seeds.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397935628507.jpg

Nice. We will have to have a pepper swap! My 7 pots have been hanging out at my back door this winter and will be going out regularly now. Hopefully I get a few harvests this season. They've already been flowering.

Nice. We will have to have a pepper swap! My 7 pots have been hanging out at my back door this winter and will be going out regularly now. Hopefully I get a few harvests this season. They've already been flowering.

Nice looking plant! You just treat them like a houseplant over the winter?

Yeah. They are big enough & get enough sunlight through the sliding glass door that they survive the winter just fine inside. As soon as the temps stay fairly stable overnight, I'll leave them outside.

I've got six or seven seedlings going now -- a couple of hot C. annum cultivars. From past experience I know I'll end up with more than enough.

I can't imagine what someone would do with 11 packs of insanely hot pepper seeds. messedup0

Me neither. Planning on probably freezing and drying a bunch for powder. The milder ones I'm hoping to pickle. I think. :embarrassed:

Drying for powder is a great idea. panic0
Could be a home run at a farmers market.. unless you have some draconian food laws where you reside.

Me neither. Planning on probably freezing and drying a bunch for powder. The milder ones I'm hoping to pickle. I think. :embarrassed:

Even w/ three plants and a very modest 1st year harvest, I wound up with more peppers that I could use. You best prepare for peppermegeddon :grin:

Drying for powder is a great idea. panic0
Could be a home run at a farmers market.. unless you have some draconian food laws where you reside.

Probably. It is California after all. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for a chest freezer on craigsliist :embarrassed:

Nice

I have about 30-40 seedlings this year. Not enough space for them in my conservatory so I'll try some outside, doubt they'll work this far north though!

Arbols
Jals
aji limon - 2 years old
bishops crown - 2 years old
peach habs
cayenne

two types of sweet peppers that I forget the name of.

I finally got around to pickling the jalapenos we grow. We wiped out the first two batches and all the ripe peppers on or bush and went to the store for more. I think I'm going to grow another jalapeno and something slightly hotter than jalapenos.
What's a good pepper slightly hotter than jalapenos, but still within reason?

Serrano, Tabasco, ancho. Honestly, I didn't notice a huge difference between a jalapeño and a habanero, but maybe my mouth just registers everything hotter than a jalapeño as really hot :embarrassed:

Back