Lets see those pedalboards!

Here's a thought--In addition to posting a picture of your board, consider adding a few comments about which pedals you use the most, and if it's not already obvious, what they do for you and why/how you use them. I think this additional information will up the GAS potential of this thread. :)

I'll try to post mine a little later.
Mine's very simple. The AC is on most of the time, as most of my playing is soloing. Very transparent boost, but I've never found it all that great once I start turning up the gain knob. The CE-2 I'm still wondering if I can use with dirt and still sound good, but it's beautiful on the clean channel.

I'm not really much of a distortion guy, prefer having a clearer sound where the notes don't just blur together because of the gain.

I'm not really much of a distortion guy, prefer having a clearer sound where the notes don't just blur together because of the gain.

Gobs of distortion sound great when you're jamming by yourself. As soon as you start playing with other musicians, the clarity becomes a necessity. I think that everytime I see a "I hate single coil pickups and strats" post... I read it as "I don't play music with others and need my sound to cut through without massive amounts of volume that crush my skull." :helper:

Here's a thought--In addition to posting a picture of your board, consider adding a few comments about which pedals you use the most, and if it's not already obvious, what they do for you and why/how you use them. I think this additional information will up the GAS potential of this thread. :)

I'll try to post mine a little later.

I've already posted the BOARD :grin:. I probably use the Pharaoh the most...either that or the Flashback. The Pharaoh because it sounds awesome though I really need to fix the switch on it. The FB gives me a lot of delay options and I use the looping feature to listen back ideas to decide if they are worth working on. The TOD-1 gets used a fair bit when I want an overdriven AC sound out of the TA-15 Ch 1 rather than the Ch 2 sound without messing with the volume/gain of ch 1. The Wah and distortion pedal get used rarely actually. I would be better off getting a more gainy distortion pedal for those times I need a lot of gain but they are rare enough that I haven't bothered

Pedal Board.jpeg

Here's my board.

Not shown, but used frequently, is a Boss RC-30 loop station. I use that a lot since I mostly play with myself. (Get your mind out of the gutter.)

The wah is the Dunlop 535Q. I really love messing around with it.

I tend to use whatever I got recently the most. Just picked up the Fat Sandwich. I run it at it's lowest gain setting and with the guitar volume backed down. It provides a nice thick overdrive sound, while still preserving some of the underlying guitar tone.

I keep coming back to the Spark Booster though. I use it as a clean boost, and also like the transparent overdrive sound it can provide. If I were serious about playing live, I could almost imagine having two. One set for a clean boost and one set for overdrive. I'm always switching it back and forth.

I also like the Boost/OD side of the Fulltone GT.

I like the Flashback delay, but about the only feature I find to be really practical for what I like to play (blues/classic rock) is the slapback delay.

I'm not sure about the HoofReaper Fuzz. I bought it to replace a Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz. I do like it better than that, but I'm still not quite sure what to do with it. I mostly use the octave feature, either alone or with one of the overdrive pedals.

imagejpg2_zps8ddf57ff.jpg

My current pedalboard:

Vox V487 Wah-Wah
TC Electronic Polytune Mini
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Wampler Triple Wreck Distortion
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
TC Electronic Flashback Delay/Looper
TC Electronic Arena Reverb

Meager compared to most of the pedalboards in this thread. :mad:

7414fddf39b85fb7bd6c961dbe3d1d01.jpg

OK... So...

ModTone Pedal Tuner --> Vox V847 (heavily modified) --> @warriorpoet Stage3 boost --> MXR Custom Comp --> GGG Script Phase 90 kit that I built -->MXR UniVibe -->MXR Classic Overdrive (modded with mode switch up top) -->MXR Classic Overdrive (internal mode switch set to Zakk Wylde) --> Pinnacle Deluxe --> Joyo Analog Chorus --> TC Electronic Flashback X4 --> TC Electronic Spark Mini

All powered by a single OneSpot.

The wah is modified with a yellow Fasel, some resistor changes, changed out the transistors, put in a ProPotz, added a power connector, and wired it for true bypass.

398f77da7fde040b5cc5c23a74836ba2.jpg

bb9fbb0414411efef7354aa57dbac612.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I guess I'll put mine in. Here is the latest.
100_3689.JPG

Vox Wah->Tuner->Big Ear Frank->MojoHand FX Iron Bell->Caroline Guitar Company Olympia->GGG Rat->MXR Carbon Copy->Catalinbread Echorec->Earthquaker Devices Afterneath->Catalinbread Callisto Chorus->MojoHand FX Dew Drop Reverb->TC Electronics Spark Boost.

I may end up moving the signal path around to see if I can get some crazier sounds. I have seen a few people who say putting a delay before the fuzz give you some crazy delay sounds, so I may put the Carbon Copy before the Fuzzes to see what noise I can make.

Back