Lets see those pedalboards!

I should take a more current pic. Mine is this althought the Zvex Super Hardon pedal is where the Crosstown fuzz in this pic and my Xotic RC Booster is in its place next to the Suhr Koko Boost.

1002206_10152301704192425_962131851_n.jpg

Tell us about the Koko Boost. I've tried it briefly, tho I got distracted by this lovely Pete Cornish pedal that was also on the board, so I don't really have first-hand experience with it. Guthrie did a great demonstration of it back when I saw him live in '09, doing a Suhr clinic, and it sounded like my kinda pedal.

Tell us about the Koko Boost. I've tried it briefly, tho I got distracted by this lovely Pete Cornish pedal that was also on the board, so I don't really have first-hand experience with it. Guthrie did a great demonstration of it back when I saw him live in '09, doing a Suhr clinic, and it sounded like my kinda pedal.

it makes my amp sound like the solos on this:

I use the RC Booster more often but the Koko boost is great for rock solos. I never use the mid-boost side.

Sounds scrumptious, that's the kinda guitar sound I love. The part about the mid-boost, I kinda suspected I'd feel the same way, even before trying the pedal. There are so many good boosts out there, but I figure that the one I've got is gonna remain on my board, even if I only use it as a clean boost. Perhaps the BB could be a good companion, or that infamous OCD I hear so much about.

Real pedal board...there's a Pharaoh Fuzz on it now too but I haven't updated the pic, and the delay is now a TC Flashback though I still have the Ibanez in a shelf

Pedals.jpg

Sounds scrumptious, that's the kinda guitar sound I love. The part about the mid-boost, I kinda suspected I'd feel the same way, even before trying the pedal. There are so many good boosts out there, but I figure that the one I've got is gonna remain on my board, even if I only use it as a clean boost. Perhaps the BB could be a good companion, or that infamous OCD I hear so much about.
I've wondered if their ISO Boost is the same as the regular boost side on the Koko.

The BB was a bit too tube screamer-y for me, I had one for a while but ended up not using it very much.

Good to know, I tried the T-Rex Alberta, supposed to be very TS-ish, and it just didn't work for me.

As for the ISO, that's what I hear as well.

I didn't care for any of the T-Rex pedals I've tried.
Ignore the plexitone. It was there as a crutch in case I needed it. I didn't.
e3ehaqem.jpg

So you're using the Soul Food in place of the Fatboost? I'm very close to just ordering one online to try it.

Yes, at the moment. It's great for stacking into another pedal or into and amp that is already overdriving. By itself into a clean amp doesn't sound that great though.

This is a crappy cell phone/in progress pic... I've been experimenting with putting the gear I use for my Taylor T5 on one board, and the stuff I use with my Orange amp on another. There is a Radial Big Shot ABY that can Y off right after the wah and tuner but before it gets to the preamp. There is a tuner out though, so even if I'm switched over to the electric amp, a little bit of signal goes to the TC pedal for vocal harmony control.

pedalboards.jpg

I'll likely need a second tuner on my electric board in case I ever take it by itself.

orangeamp.jpg

Here's a thought--In addition to posting a picture of your board, consider adding a few comments about which pedals you use the most, and if it's not already obvious, what they do for you and why/how you use them. I think this additional information will up the GAS potential of this thread. :)

I'll try to post mine a little later.

Here's a thought--In addition to posting a picture of your board, consider adding a few comments about which pedals you use the most, and if it's not already obvious, what they do for you and why/how you use them. I think this additional information will up the GAS potential of this thread. :)

Turbo Tuner everyone needs one... best damned pedal tuner I've ever seen. Accurate, easy to read on stage even when you have beer in your eyes. :embarrassed:

I'm pretty stripped down... the Pinnacle is an amazing "Modded Marshall in a Box" pedal... and the phaser is for all that EVH kind of stuff.

Everyone has different tastes in wahs... I like not having to click mine on and off... just move the pedal. But unlike the spring loaded Morley pedals, I can move the pedal and step off of it. It also can do autowah or trigger wah. I occasionally do the latter, but I think it's more expressive if you move the pedal yourself, even if your leg gets tired. :tongue:

DSC_0458.jpg

My preference is pedals into a clean channel. Signal path: Guitar > Vox wah > tuner > Barber Launch Pad (clean boost) > Fulltone OCD (heavier gain) > Barber LTD (light OD) > Malekko chorus > Keeley TR-2 > TC Electronic Flashback

The chorus doesn't get used much and neither does the wah. I think I used each of them once over the course of three sets last weekend.

I've got a handful of OD pedals but I always seem to come back to the Barber LTD Silver. In my experience it sounds great with any guitar or amp combo I've tried.

Back