Milkman The Amp

I saw that in NAMM videos a few weeks ago. I'm mixed on it, but ultimately, it's too expensive for me and I don't need it.

Agree. Just more "the future is now" "the times they are a changing" stuff going on. There have been preamp pedals and the MXR pedalboard amps. Just seems now, there is a big movement that way.

It seems a bit steep for what it is.

Milkman is priced to the boutique market; it's a business decision, a small builder isn't going to last long competing with mass-produced stuff for buyers who count their pennies. So far it seems to have work out well for him, he's grown fast with some pretty basic designs (high-priced Fender cleans for steel guitar players and clean players like Mayer).

Personally, I like his amp tones (but don't think there is anything original about them)... but I don't like the tone of the pedal amp at all, just seems gritty, like any generic pedal preamp.

Last edited:
Milkman is priced to the boutique market; it's a business decision, a small builder isn't going to last long competing with mass-produced stuff for buyers who count their pennies. So far it seems to have work out well for him, he's grown fast with some pretty basic designs (high-priced Fender cleans for steel guitar players and clean players like Mayer).

Personally, I like his amp tones (but don't think their is anything original about them)... but I don't like the tone of the pedal amp at all, just seems gritty, like any generic pedal preamp.

I'm familiar with his amps and how pricey they are. This thing seems expensive for what it is even at boutique prices. $499 is about the price I would expect for this, but then again, his amps are outrageously priced too for what they are.

Back