Fender preps new Parallel Universe Series for NAMM 2018 launch

I have this to say: sadly, my teen leaders aren't cool. They're not. The kids who are cool are less popular, but are very sure of themselves, and definitely aren't trendy in their guitar choices (I know, I record them).

Either way, offsets as a trend were part of an indie rock ghetto that I've been trying to eradicate since 1992. A friend who worked at Matador used to call the label's customers "Stripe shirted villagers," and it wasn't a compliment.

But offset guitars still rule. And always will.

I have this to say: sadly, my teen leaders aren't cool. They're not. The kids who are cool are less popular, but are very sure of themselves, and definitely aren't trendy in their guitar choices (I know, I record them).

Either way, offsets as a trend were part of an indie rock ghetto that I've been trying to eradicate since 1992. A friend who worked at Matador used to call the label's customers "Stripe shirted villagers," and it wasn't a compliment.

But offset guitars still rule. And always will.

Striped shirt villagers. Ouch.

I like Jags and Mustangs and Duo Sonics. I want to like Jazzmasters, but—like my thing with Teles—I always get juiced about getting one and then it sits unloved and eventually I sell it.

Strats are dull and I have a love/hate thing with ‘em, but they feel “right” to me in a way that JMs don’t.

I'm exactly the same way - I prefer the sound of Jazzmasters (just love it), but Strats just always felt better somehow.

Like I don't have two dozen Fenders ... thwap0

Back