Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

DOD is 2 for 2 then. Nice. I'd like to mess around with a Gonkulator, but not enough to buy one. I may regret that decision.

Everything gets a spot on the board when it first comes in. Doesn’t mean it will stay, but I need to mess with it for a while. The Gonk with the Flashback Mash can make some seriously crazy sounds.

Everywhere else. Another Digitech blowout. I didn’t buy one because that kinda chorus is not for me.

I checked sweetwater, MF and Adorama and they don't even have them on their site. Google's list has Alto as the cheapest too. It's ok, I don't really need it :grin:

How do you like the Carcosa?
I like it...It's a smoother fuzz the the Big Muff, but not quite as gain-y....the "After" knob is something I could do without...but it's got more of that thick, full range fuzz I'm looking for, so it's on the board...

Edit: I just finished this build so I haven't yet had the chance to hear it through the Traynor at volume...I just played it through the SCXD to make sure it all works...but even through the SCXD at apartment volume it sounds REALLY good...I added the Polytune3 to get the buffer in the chain...

I like it...It's a smoother fuzz the the Big Muff, but not quite as gain-y....the "After" knob is something I could do without...but it's got more of that thick, full range fuzz I'm looking for, so it's on the board...

Edit: I just finished this build so I haven't yet had the chance to hear it through the Traynor at volume...I just played it through the SCXD to make sure it all works...but even through the SCXD at apartment volume it sounds REALLY good...

The Carcosa is basically a stable fuzzface with a tone knob. The "after" is a bias/starve control so you can get more spitty/velcro-y sounds.

The Carcosa is basically a stable fuzzface with a tone knob. The "after" is a bias/starve control so you can get more spitty/velcro-y sounds.
Yeah, and it's that "dead battery" sound as well...it certain situations it's really cool but not what I'm looking for...

Yeah, and it's that "dead battery" sound as well...it certain situations it's really cool but not what I'm looking for...

Right, that's what a starve control does. Just keep it off. It's a cool fuzz without it. And, you can put it wherever you want in the chain, unlike most fuzzfaces.

After Howie's double pickle thread, I add my Llama back to my board in case I go to a jam tomorrow night. I gotta say, I am loving the Combo Drive into the RV-6 on the Modulated setting. I think that is "my sound." If you told me I'd have 2 Boss pedals on my board and absolutely love the combo I would have thought you were crazy.
IMG_4438.JPG

Back