Star Wars Battlefront

I've wanted it since it came out but never get time to play anything anymore so haven't bothered. I'll get it eventually. I've watched people play multi-player, which I'll never touch, and it certainly looks beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Nope, it's solely multiplayer. Battlefront 2 which will be out next year is going to add back in a single player mode. It's a lot of fun, especially the X-wing vs. TIE dogfighting, but I only play it occasionally if I'm looking for some more mindless entertainment. It's not very deep, but with the right friends can be fun.

Nope, it's solely multiplayer. Battlefront 2 which will be out next year is going to add back in a single player mode. It's a lot of fun, especially the X-wing vs. TIE dogfighting, but I only play it occasionally if I'm looking for some more mindless entertainment. It's not very deep, but with the right friends can be fun.
I have no friends. :mad:

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Multi-player, no storyline. EA is now upfront that they removed the single-player campaign to get the game out on time (timed with Ep. VII)

There are some things you can play single-player, but they amount to little more than practice missions and a few battle areas by yourself or head-to-head, all the new battle field areas from DLC are multi-player only. Many people play multi-player with no intercom system and treat the other players as AI so they can play all the battle areas...the actually person-to-person interaction in multi-player is nearly non-existent.

But even the multi-player is a letdown compared to the old Battlefront games...those stunning graphics come at the price of much, much smaller battle areas; they feels more like running around a contained paintball arena compared to the whole wide battlefields in Battlefront II. The game feels...small.

Huh, maybe I don't know the terminology, but my daughter got it for the X-Box and we don't do X-box live and she plays it by herself. I sometimes play with her, but I suck at it.

There's single player, but it's very limited. Great looking game and the mechanics are good. Lack of a good single player campaign is a real bummer though.

There is a rumor that expanded single-player access is coming...not a campaign, but the ability to fight in all the areas. If they include expanded split screen, my son and his friends will be happy.

I bit the bullet and finally got this game (not the sequel coming out now).

Looks and sounds beautiful.

The solo player content is ridiculously easy.

The multi player content is ridiculously hard (for me). I don’t even see the enemy until they’re already blasting me and I can never get a decent shot lined up. And I’m no stranger to player vs player games.

Oh well, time saved.

I bit the bullet and finally got this game (not the sequel coming out now).

Looks and sounds beautiful.

The solo player content is ridiculously easy.

The multi player content is ridiculously hard (for me). I don’t even see the enemy until they’re already blasting me and I can never get a decent shot lined up. And I’m no stranger to player vs player games.

Oh well, time saved.
2 improves on that as well.

Does either battlefront support voice chat or do you need a separate application running? Uncoordinated pvp with random players is always a shit show. Coordinated play with voice chat can be incredibly fun with the right group of people. Damn, I miss playing the Old Republic. I wish they had made it a better MMO.

Which aspect?

The issue of seeing the opponent in multiplayer. Although when you play against the Droids from the prequels they can be hard to see. They are pretty small and very fast.

They have a ton of maps from all of the star wars films, and you play as characters from all the Star Wars eras.

As far as the voice thing, I have no idea. I'm not up on any of that stuff at all.

Back