NKD - Princeton-y Content.

Wait...what? You're going to make it black? I mean, I guess I can understand why you would...to give it that vintage Fender look, but I think that light tweed looks nice as is. :shrug:

But did you see this?!?

upload_2017-9-18_13-53-18.png

Plus it's not really a tweed circuit. It it fo sho looks good.

Here - While we wait. Build me three small boards out of these. I'm probably selling my big board and the LOOOPER pedal.

pedals.jpg

Ok - System update.

I finished the wiring and started troubleshooting. I did install a Pentode/Triode switch for early break up. Most likely it'll always stay on the stock setting but I didn't want to put the ground switch in ... I learned one thing... I HATE (like HATE HATE) push back felt wire. What a PITA!??!

Since I had it, I decided to get creative and use markers to mark / color code the wires from each of the tubes.

It is currently passing sound, but there is a tremolo hum... (ie you can hear the tremolo constantly regardless of knob position. I'm sure it's simple. I'd go as far as to say I'm 90% there.

1TfgCLaz2xLgJqlY2qM090lTuPRxghukQmo8-6C2b2RHI9qNH8naueF0D5G1PyXWg6dlGC-H4Y5b-dHGJ7T282zWMU4auuPPi6owqQukuD5FgQR_ivm1twU-wFtn_dcwRvL25l44yBy9BYhrCxMZcw65mZ2CpS8nGOnIUXkmcF-2m3bvyi08LBJiiiYPgpfd6oANCQcafEEyEW619UElS5E5j6sIK8WEUkaCzU5BR-XDb3MX-S3GHf9rW2e_DtktsbeQpddxTvoHxiqcjk274KymPmNp_WdS6J70iAMoXE7T_mzzqboegtmD_A0v-HqytOpZKgixSglcCqYcpU9KFExAaf0qF1l-Z2tsNCs7_lxhq7f0Iq3RNDKBCUMcnpQyUa5okEqcxOOZdTk2xFBBsWPj1VB7Lk4XiQ0v5qN_Vc-wkptgInvNP2vdRjY753zoJzxQh09tFiaYnRyr7u7z6u0m0G2uCRmfRR3FYTdDXf3YCVjtjjSqnd0cKmSHWdJmzjjLOMRQHuP7uxBJWl7KdDwlvaV1UZQI7tIei_NRp6nHpJ_kz44mrtVnrabh8XnslrknSOJdYLLwyZooWQ3ducUToGiJDSgpwSdYOIJiRw=w1316-h987-no

To do list -
1. Fix the tremolo thingamawhatsit.
2. Retrace all connections again.
3. Stain/Dye the cab
4. Get the face plate finished.

Here's the clinker....

Shop is closed today and I'm at work. I'm out of town on Tuesday. I've got meetings all day Wednesday. I'm out of town on Thursday until Tuesday. /// Sigh

It'll be a while before the next update.

I hate the cloth wire too. I used to use it for everything but I was out of it a few weeks ago and I went to a local store to get some wire, and the only thing they only had pvc-coated, pre tinned wire. That is all I will use from now on.

I finished the wiring and started troubleshooting. I did install a Pentode/Triode switch for early break up. Most likely it'll always stay on the stock setting but I didn't want to put the ground switch in ... I learned one thing... I HATE (like HATE HATE) push back felt wire. What a PITA!??!

Is it the real stuff or the fake stuff with the white insulation under the cloth? The latter is complete crap. I only use the push-back for restoration these days but have find it easy enough because there is no stripping...just cut straight and push back. I'm a fan of the topcoat wire from Valvestorm for new builds.

Back