So our band is know for our strange genre mashups....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
Every gig we perform many mashups with modern songs mashed up with classics, or hip hop lyrics sang in a bridge of another.

Examples, one mashup is Snoop Dogg Gin and Juice into 50 Ways from Paul Simon, then to Get Down on it by Kool and the Gang, and back to Snoop. Sometimes it's to spice up the boring standards like last night Brown Eyed Girl got an infusion of Fresh Prince of Bell Aire lyrics, but last night when the dance floor was full we did one that even surprised me...

We had been skipping around the set list to keep the dance floor full and at the end of one tune I was looking down to figure where to go next. Sometimes our drummer will play something to keep the beat until I yell out the next song and we transition, but our other guitar player picked up a cowbell and joined in on this crazy beat. Then our keyboard player was on a cowbell... and then the drummer.

The dance floor was shaking to a back beat and a trio of cowbells.

Then I thought of something I've wanted to try with the right crowd... I turned to the bass player and keyboard and yelled "Funk in B" and when I stepped up the the mic I started spewing the lyrics to Nine Inch Nails "Closer"

"You let me violate you
You let me desecrate you
You let me penetrate you
You let me complicate you..."

I wasn't sure how a song with the lyrics "I wanna fuck you like an animal" was going to go over but the crowd loved it. And the band too. I think we are adding that into our setlist. lmbo

Last edited:
Damn... Glad I saw this thread... I'll have to remember that song for this weekend.

We just added Domino from "Van Morrison", Uptight by "Stevie Wonder", and "Under My Thumb" by the Stones.

And along the lines of the OP, at our last show, I broke out "Valerie" by Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse (without telling the guys ahead of time). That one pretty much slayed the dancefloor.

Last edited:
Every gig we perform many mashups with modern songs mashed up with classics, or hip hop lyrics sang in a bridge of another.

Examples, one mashup is Snoop Dogg Gin and Juice into 50 Ways from Paul Simon, then to Get Down on it by Kool and the Gang, and back to Snoop. Sometimes it's to spice up the boring standards like last night Brown Eyed Girl got an infusion of Fresh Prince of Bell Aire lyrics, but last night when the dance floor was full we did one that even surprised me...

We had been skipping around the set list to keep the dance floor full and at the end of one tune I was looking down to figure where to go next. Sometimes our drummer will play something to keep the beat until I yell out the next song and we transition, but our other guitar player picked up a cowbell and joined in on this crazy beat. Then our keyboard player was on a cowbell... and then the drummer.

The dance floor was shaking to a back beat and a trio of cowbells.

Then I thought of something I've wanted to try with the right crowd... I turned to the bass player and keyboard and yelled "Funk in B" and when I stepped up the the mic I started spewing the lyrics to Nine Inch Nails "Closer"

"You let me violate you
You let me desecrate you
You let me penetrate you
You let me complicate you..."

I wasn't sure how a song with the lyrics "I wanna fuck you like an animal" was going to go over but the crowd loved it. And the band too. I think we are adding that into our setlist. lmbo
Follow that mashup with "Fuck Like A Beast", by WASP.

Back