Is it even legal for an acoustic to sound like this ?

I'd like to start a movement to have people avoid coming into artist-appreciation threads and dick-waving their disapproval all around. We get it - you don't like him. How about not making it all about how clever you are?

I do appreciate opinions when they're thought provoking or funny, but just "(famous artist here) sucks!" is banal at best. Because I could start posting my strong suspicion that most fans of Vai / Petrucchi / Satriani / (should I keep going? Because I can) are just impossibly sexually frustrated individuals who involved themselves with guitar for reasons that have next to nothing to do with music, and all about attempting to feed their ego through adolescent displays of virtuosity that would be far more palatable if they were jousting at Ren Faires, instead of jerking off bad super-Strats and engaging in second-degree echo-chamber circle jerks with other "real players."

Or we can just say "music - ain't it amazing?" And learn to appreciate that J. Mascis has a unique and complex voice as an artist (both instrumentally, as well as a vocalist), and has written some fantastic rock songs.

Was it something I said?

Back on topic: Britt from Spoon's early recordings and shows featured a heavily distorted acoustic-electric that I couldn't believe didn't feed back more than it did. Sounded wonderful.

Amen.

Back