Tim Pierce teaches "Sweet Home Alabama"

I've had that video saved for a while now. Just haven't had a chance to sit down and give it my attention.

I like his videos for song lessons.

Little known fact. Tim played all the guitar parts for Bon Jovi's first hit Runaway. The track was recorded as part of Jon Bon Jovi's demo tape before he even put his band together, but the recording and performance quality was so good that they decided to include it on the first album. Tim also played lead guitar on most of Rick Springfield's material from the early and mid '80s, with the notable exception of Jessie's girl and I've Done Everything For You, which was Pat Benetar's guitarist and husband Neil Giraldo.

The guitar performance on Runaway is one of my favorites to this day.

Little known fact. Tim played all the guitar parts for Bon Jovi's first hit Runaway. The track was recorded as part of Jon Bon Jovi's demo tape before he even put his band together, but the recording and performance quality was so good that they decided to include it on the first album. Tim also played lead guitar on most of Rick Springfield's material from the early and mid '80s, with the notable exception of Jessie's girl and I've Done Everything For You, which was Pat Benetar's guitarist and husband Neil Giraldo.

The guitar performance on Runaway is one of my favorites to this day.
Now that I listen to it it definitely sounds like Tim. I didn't realize that. Was Tim on the east coast at that point? I thought that he was already here in LA. He also was part of Rick Springfield's touring band as well.

I bumped into this a few months ago after I got my Godin Session Custom. I was messing with Sultans of Swing, but missing parts and feeling lazy. I found a Marty Music Sultans video lesson and noticed he had one for SHA. So I messed with that for a bit and then noticed Tim's video lesson and jumped over to that...nothing against Marty, but Tim is a master.

Anyway, Tim's "transcription" is so much more precise and nuanced that I ended up going back to the Marty's more basic version. It was funny that having played for more than 30 years I'd never learned this song before. As such I've duly forgotten a bit of it already, but it's definitely a fun little bit of music to learn...even after its legacy was tarnished by Kid Rock.

My favorite studio work from Tim is his playing on the Toy Matinee record...Modern Saint knows what I'm talking about here. Just a crazy good player and seemingly a real nice/kind straight forward person.

Now that I listen to it it definitely sounds like Tim. I didn't realize that. Was Tim on the east coast at that point? I thought that he was already here in LA. He also was part of Rick Springfield's touring band as well.
He was part of a session guy "band" that was hired to do that recording. Not sure of his location or the timeline. I know that Runaway was recorded in 1982, which was 2 years before the actual debut album release.

I bumped into this a few months ago after I got my Godin Session Custom. I was messing with Sultans of Swing, but missing parts and feeling lazy. I found a Marty Music Sultans video lesson and noticed he had one for SHA. So I messed with that for a bit and then noticed Tim's video lesson and jumped over to that...nothing against Marty, but Tim is a master.

Anyway, Tim's "transcription" is so much more precise and nuanced that I ended up going back to the Marty's more basic version. It was funny that having played for more than 30 years I'd never learned this song before. As such I've duly forgotten a bit of it already, but it's definitely a fun little bit of music to learn...even after its legacy was tarnished by Kid Rock.

My favorite studio work from Tim is his playing on the Toy Matinee record...Modern Saint knows what I'm talking about here. Just a crazy good player and seemingly a real nice/kind straight forward person.
You know, I've always wanted to learn Sultans too, but never have. Other than the basic riff, that is. I should really look into that.

Back