Kids react to Iron Maiden

There was at least one kid (looked to be 10 or 12-ish) in the pit last night and he appeared to be rocking his ass off.

The little guy in the green shirt really seems to like 'em. :thu:

Kind of interesting though...how the kids "get it". They all seem to appreciate the musicianship even if they don't like the songs, and also how the band has been successful for so long without being mainstream.

Last edited:
My son hates Maiden, and he gives me grief whenever I wear my Somewhere Back in Time tour hoodie.

I played some for my 3 year old daughter tonight and she dug it. Picking out and singing melodies, bobbing to the beat, shaking her head. When I asked, she smiled and said she likes it. I'm proud and terrified.

I have only listened to rock in my car, thus my kids were forced to listen. They all came to like the music, even Iron Maiden. Now when one of "my" songs come on the radio when my kids are with their friends they sing along and surprise their friends that they know and like such harsh music. (Harsh to the friends). I was pleased to see that while some of the kids in the vids did not like the music as a whole they could pick out pieces that they appreciated.

Great to hear those songs again too!

:grin:

Do you guys let your kids listen to Iron Maiden?

My son finds them boring as do I. Something about vocals in hard rock/metal that were never good after Zep, Deep Purple, Humble Pie, and even Sabbath (Ozzy era only). They were never gut wrenching like Highway Star or Immigrant Song. Lot's of falsettos and wicked witch of the west/old lady sounding vocals.

Do you guys let your kids listen to Iron Maiden?

When #1 child was tiny he was sick one time and he would lie on the sofa ("couch") and sleep. I'd recorded Flight 666 the night before, so I whiled away the time watching that. By the time his mother took over, he was waking up intermittently and feverishly demanding "Iron Maiden".

That was basically how our entire family got into Iron Maiden. (I hadn't been a fan previously, I was just curious.) For a few years no car journey was complete without a greatest hits CD blaring out Run to the Hills, although #2 child later developed a taste for Saxon instead.

Back