Mojo Request Minor first world request....

Mojo, Dave.

I keep telling the wife that maybe we should put ours on the market, since we are finally about valued above what we paid, and significantly higher than our mortgage balance is, plus there is the possibility of relocating within a year. Hopefully the bubble does not burst by then, but with my luck...

Mojo mang. I am having to do the same as I am going through a divorce and have to buy my wife out of our house or find my own. The prices here are going up too and I fear I may be priced out by the time the divorce proceeding allow me to buy a house.

Mojo Dave! This may not apply out your way but I always tell home buying folks at work here to try to limit the price to half of your pre-approval. They all want to spend it all.

Happy house hunting!

I gave the mortgage guy my upper comfort level number. I can actually qualify for about $40K more - I just don't want to spend that much. Good advice - thanks. Although half won't get me anything out here.

Mojo mang. I am having to do the same as I am going through a divorce and have to buy my wife out of our house or find my own. The prices here are going up too and I fear I may be priced out by the time the divorce proceeding allow me to buy a house.

that is why I have to sell my last house. If we could have waited 1 year more we could have had $50K more out of the sale. As it was the real estate fee took the majority of our profit.

Well - once we get a recent bank statement (they come out on the 5th) we should be able to officially be pre-qualified. We have been watching the homes in our price range in a portal our realtor set up for us. They are selling pretty fast usually (homes that hit the market last Thursday are almost all sold today). On the way into work the news mentioned that the Springs is the 85 hottest housing market in the country. Not good for our purposes. Some nice homes are popping up in our price range but most are further south than I really want to go. but I may have no choice.

Well - once we get a recent bank statement (they come out on the 5th) we should be able to officially be pre-qualified. We have been watching the homes in our price range in a portal our realtor set up for us. They are selling pretty fast usually (homes that hit the market last Thursday are almost all sold today). On the way into work the news mentioned that the Springs is the 85 hottest housing market in the country. Not good for our purposes. Some nice homes are popping up in our price range but most are further south than I really want to go. but I may have no choice.
Do you still work in Littleton?
Moving South would make Littleton a bitch of a commute.

I don't know house prices,but what anout Castle Rock or the Monument or Greenland area?

Do you still work in Littleton?
Moving South would make Littleton a bitch of a commute.

I don't know house prices,but what anout Castle Rock or the Monument or Greenland area?

I have a step daughter and we have her every other week and her school is in SE Colorado Springs so moving too far north is not an option. And yeah - still in Littleton - though we are moving our office next month to just off I-25 and County Line - about 7 miles closer for me. The unfortunately reality is that the north side of the Springs is almost as expensive and Denver. That most all of the housing is newer and upscale. Monument might be a possibility....maybe. But again - most of the houses are newer and upscale.

I have a step daughter and we have her every other week and her school is in SE Colorado Springs so moving too far north is not an option. And yeah - still in Littleton - though we are moving our office next month to just off I-25 and County Line - about 7 miles closer for me. The unfortunately reality is that the north side of the Springs is almost as expensive and Denver. That most all of the housing is newer and upscale. Monument might be a possibility....maybe. But again - most of the houses are newer and upscale.
I am not and never will be in the housing market
I have no idea except house prices in Colorado are near East Coast prices. The only good thing is the taxes are not as bad.

Best of luck in your search.

Looked at four houses. The first three were all nice. The last one was a train wreck. I loved #2.....the Mrs loved #3. So naturally we are putting in a bid on #3. No guarantee it will be accepted though. Being that is is a Monday will help I think. Price is about $12K more than we really want to spend....but all three we liked were in the same general price area. If this is not accepted I think we try to bid on #2. And if not then we see what else is out there.

A bit excited about this. Should know by tomorrow afternoon if we got this. I'm not expecting the sellers will answer quickly in this market. They will hold on for another bid or three.

Yes,you don't want bidding war.
That could drive the price up by $10k or more.

Best of luck.

Here's the condo we bought in 2010 for $417K (which seemed ridiculous at that time):

upload_2017-7-10_14-16-8.png

Back