Gear Plateau Reached

It ebbs and flows for me. I'm probably 25% practical and 75% emotional when it comes to music gear. When I get on a gear binge, hold, or purge it's usually not about the music.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much there, unless I start gigging regularly (not bloody likely). Rather, I have been more focused on getting the most from the gear I have. I recently gave my cousins wife my Melody Maker and my son my Jazzmaster. I have been toying with the idea of selling my Kirn Barnbuster as well. I'be bought a four-way Emerson kit for my MIM tele that I will install next weekend (along with a Switchcraft jack cup). That, along with my Godin Acousticaster, my Charvel partscaster, my LP Special P90 and the Guild Starfire should be enough for any reasonable needs (along with my acoustic six and 12-strings). I have a 1960 Musicmaster that doesn't really fill a need, but I will keep for sentimental reasons, so I'm pretty much done with acquiring guitars.

It ebbs and flows for me. I'm probably 25% practical and 75% emotional when it comes to music gear. When I get on a gear binge, hold, or purge it's usually not about the music.

I am the opposite on that ratio. Going through 3 day method has worked wonders.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You know plateaus end right? You'll go down or up after it.
Don't know about it going down as in my mind, everything is progressive :P

Reached a plateau a while back ... and it's apparently the size of the Bonneville salt flats (40 guitars, 10 amps, +/- 30 pedals, mics & preamps and etc.).

I dream of getting rid of stuff, but to be honest, I bought all that stuff because I like it, and ... well, hard to get good prices. Much more into trading and just giving stuff away at this point.

I've slowed way down, for sure. The firm that I worked for, for several decades, closed at the end of 2012, which meant that all my gear had to come home to Casa Krashpad.
I might buy one guitar a year, and often will sell one or more to maintain stasis. Mrs. Krashpad is actually encouraging me to have a few, more expensive ones, instead of a zillion sub-$500s. I may sell to my daughter one of my "extra" basses. I'll admit that since the move from the office, though, I have added a number of small combo amps, that I really don't need, but that can stay out in the garage and thus, while adding to the general clutter, at least don't have to be in the house proper.

The whole shebang, minus crap PA stuff, is pictorially listed here:
http://equipboard.com/brian_krashpad

I've slowed way down, for sure. The firm that I worked for, for several decades, closed at the end of 2012, which meant that all my gear had to come home to Casa Krashpad.
I might buy one guitar a year, and often will sell one or more to maintain stasis. Mrs. Krashpad is actually encouraging me to have a few, more expensive ones, instead of a zillion sub-$500s. I may sell to my daughter one of my "extra" basses. I'll admit that since the move from the office, though, I have added a number of small combo amps, that I really don't need, but that can stay out in the garage and thus, while adding to the general clutter, at least don't have to be in the house proper.

The whole shebang, minus crap PA stuff, is pictorially listed here:
http://equipboard.com/brian_krashpad

Glad to see someone else using equipboard.

First I've heard of it.

It's fun in theory. A little frustrating in that they sorta want people to use generic model shots, so that everyone that has, for example, a P-Bass, uses the same photo. Of course, there are P-basses with maple boards, with rosewood boards, and in all sorts of different finishes, so the model shot on one's individual page might bear little resemblance to the instrument or piece of gear actually owned.

That said, most of the ones on my page are my actual pieces, or generic shots closely resembling them.

Last edited:
It's fun in theory. A little frustrating in that they sorta want to people to use generic model shots, so that everyone that has, for example, a P-Bass, uses the same photo. Of course, there are P-basses with maple boards, with rosewood boards, and in all sorts of different finishes, so the model shot on one's individual page might bear little resemblance to the instrument or piece of gear actually owned.

That said, most of the ones on my page are my actual pieces, or generic shots closely resembling them.

Since all of my guitars are built by me, McFeely or me and McFeely :grin:, I had to use my own pics.

http://equipboard.com/chadorocks

Back