Explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England

It's gotta be devastating to her.
A young girl putting on a show,young kids at the show ( her fan base ) and that happened.

Fucking horrible.

Nearest I can tell it was a crime of opportunity - the bomber entered the auditorium right at the end of the show as people were exiting. It was in the lobby near the exits so it wasn't like an area where you needed a ticket to enter and hence no bag was checked - for all they knew the person was meeting someone to take them home.

What chickenshit bastards though - children? From their viewpoint there's bombing in their home countries that kills children but this still sucks.

My thinking: it's possible it was a lone wolf, but of course the Isis peeps take every opportunity to take responsibility. Just despicable.

Word is Ariana was quite distraught and in hysterics afterwards when she got wind of what happened. She apparently feels responsible somehow. Awful.

One arrest made so far as far as I can tell.

@OGG - can agree to disagree re: Kansas. I had the impression from the media that it was a vague general warning about travel for all Americans and Kansas decided to pull out when lots of other acts were still coming. If it was more specific than that, then that is another matter.

@reverend1 - if Arianna cancels/postpones I don't think anyone can blame her because that is a headfuck even if she isn't responsible as I said. I agree with your comment about coming back when ready.

One arrest made so far as far as I can tell.

@OGG - can agree to disagree re: Kansas. I had the impression from the media that it was a vague general warning about travel for all Americans and Kansas decided to pull out when lots of other acts were still coming. If it was more specific than that, then that is another matter.

@reverend1 - if Arianna cancels/postpones I don't think anyone can blame her because that is a headfuck even if she isn't responsible as I said. I agree with your comment about coming back when ready.

Yeah, Arianna is in a lose-lose position, on top of being traumatized. If she did another show this week, especially in the UK, many would criticize her for being callous, selfish, shallow, etc., and I'm not convinced that they'd be entirely wrong.

This shouldn't be about her, and I think she's wise to stay out of it for a little while so that the real victims here - the dead and injured, their families, and those who witnessed the attack - can be focused on, along with journalism pertaining to the attackers.

This really isn't about her.

It would be wise of her to release a statement later on in the week, though.

Yeah, Arianna is in a lose-lose position, on top of being traumatized. If she did another show this week, especially in the UK, many would criticize her for being callous, selfish, shallow, etc., and I'm not convinced that they'd be entirely wrong.

Yes, unfortunate that she probably doesn't want to continue the tour but would be criticized for continuing. Although after this attack, her next concert is probably the safest place in the world to be.

That is piss fucking poor man. Shame on you

I hope nobody would think my statement was meant to imply it's ok that this happened because it's a pop star. If it's being read that way, I'll take it down.

I hope nobody would think my statement was meant to imply it's ok that this happened because it's a pop star. If it's being read that way, I'll take it down.

Are you on the smack?

The whole comment was totally insensitive considering the situation.

As far as the Kansas thing goes, I didn't give them any flak for it, but if it was me and it was only generalized threats, I'd go on with the show. If they had specific information, then I wouldn't blame them or any act from cancelling.

In Ariana Grande's situation, yes it's best for her to cancel/postpone. I would imagine that it's a big hit to her $$$ though, and I'm not trying to be insensitive here. But 'renting' a huge arena like that with all that goes along with it....hiring security, hotels, etc. costs big money I'm assuming. Is there insurance that the huge touring bands have that could cover situations like this when you absolutely have to cancel a show or a bunch of shows, you won't get stuck for all of the pre-show costs? I have no idea, why I'm asking.

Is there insurance that the huge touring bands have that could cover situations like this when you absolutely have to cancel a show or a bunch of shows, you won't get stuck for all of the pre-show costs? I have no idea, why I'm asking.

Yes, tours are absolutely insured. This is kind of a special case, though, so I can't speak to that.

Back