NGsD

My new Buck Mark... Fits my hand well and I love the weight of it. Took it to the range Sunday but didn't get to shoot it. There was some kind of event and every range was packed. Maybe in another week or two I'll try again and report back.

W9082sZ.jpg

as to the 4210 yard shot video.....if you have a known target and a known distance and you practice the shot long enough, of course you can hit it.
ol' Keith Elmer used to hit metal plates at 500 yard with a Colt Single Action Army in 44 special.....but it was practiced for years.
taking a shot at something that moves, and you don't have an exact distance and make the shot....cold bore.... at nearly half a mile.....THAT's getting it done.

Last edited:
Ok weiners, talk me into or out of the Smith and Wesson shield 9mm. I can get one for $235 right now after a $75 mail in rebate. Seems like a great deal

Ok weiners, talk me into or out of the Smith and Wesson shield 9mm. I can get one for $235 right now after a $75 mail in rebate. Seems like a great deal

Nothing to talk out of...proven reliable, lots of accessories and upgrade parts and a great price. Only thing I'd suggest is that you go and run the popular competition; G43, P938, PPS M2, etc and see if it's the one you want.
Personally, having shot both the stock and one w/ an apex upgrade, I'd factor the cost of that into the purchase price.

It is a great deal. I bought one at the beginning of March for $330 (out the door). Very nice, you will not regret it.

Nothing to talk out of...proven reliable, lots of accessories and upgrade parts and a great price. Only thing I'd suggest is that you go and run the popular competition; G43, P938, PPS M2, etc and see if it's the one you want.
Personally, having shot both the stock and one w/ an apex upgrade, I'd factor the cost of that into the purchase price.

This. Even if you have to travel to a range outside your area. Small arms are like guitars and amps. What works for me, you may hate.

Buy it and then sell it to me for $200 when you eventually detest it for not being a wheel gat.

Unfortunately I wont get to try it before I buy it because its an online retailer (who would ship to my local FFL of course). I guess at that price I could probably sell it later if I dont like it

Unfortunately I wont get to try it before I buy it because its an online retailer (who would ship to my local FFL of course). I guess at that price I could probably sell it later if I dont like it
Just my opinion: there won't be much of a market for used shields. They've already sold 1 million of them prior to the rebates. Many people feel s&w will be releasing a new version of the shield like they did with the m&p line.

Still, for the price you're paying, it's hard to go wrong.

Fwiw, I really like mine. It's extremely thin, light enough and the trigger isn't as horrid as some online chatter might lead you to believe.

Just my opinion: there won't be much of a market for used shields. They've already sold 1 million of them prior to the rebates. Many people feel s&w will be releasing a new version of the shield like they did with the m&p line.

Still, for the price you're paying, it's hard to go wrong.

Fwiw, I really like mine. It's extremely thin, light enough and the trigger isn't as horrid as some online chatter might lead you to believe.
There are a bunch of retailers in the Philly area selling them so cheap new that it pretty much killed the resale

A friend flipped his after buying and preferring a G43. wound up basically giving it away considering all the accessories he had to throw in to get it to sell

I like the Shield,but would rather have the compact. You need more rounds with a 9 mm. :grin:

There are a bunch of retailers in the Philly area selling them so cheap new that it pretty much killed the resale

A friend flipped his after buying and preferring a G43. wound up basically giving it away considering all the accessories he had to throw in to get it to sell
I can't see a used shield going for more than $200 (less is more like it) at this point. I'm sorely tempted to get one in .45 right now.

I like the Shield,but would rather have the compact. You need more rounds with a 9 mm. :grin:
Lol, yeah, for sure! I like the m&p 9c a lot. It was a toss up between that and G26 a while ago - I ended up with the glock. No regrets, but I do like the 9c a lot too and wouldn't have minded owning one.

I can't see a used shield going for more than $200 (less is more like it) at this point. I'm sorely tempted to get one in .45 right now.

Lol, yeah, for sure! I like the m&p 9c a lot. It was a toss up between that and G26 a while ago - I ended up with the glock. No regrets, but I do like the 9c a lot too and wouldn't have minded owning one.
I can't get along with Glocks. Grip angle messes my shooting.

Back