NGD

HNGD!

I owned one of those, once upon a time. It was a nice guitar, but I'm not much of a single coil in the bridge position kind of guy, and the guitar went out of tune if I even thought about using the whammy bar. Other than that it played great.

HNGD!

I owned one of those, once upon a time. It was a nice guitar, but I'm not much of a single coil in the bridge position kind of guy, and the guitar went out of tune if I even thought about using the whammy bar. Other than that it played great.

I was worried about it staying in tune but it seems that the locking tuners are doing their job. The hard part is being so used to strats and teles.

I was worried about it staying in tune but it seems that the locking tuners are doing their job. The hard part is being so used to strats and teles.
Mine didn't have locking tuners, and it had true single-coils from SD, not the stacked/mini humbuckers like yours has. Mine had a Wilkinson bridge, is that what yours is? I could play it without the whammy and it stayed in tune really well...bend notes, no pinging while tuning, etc. so I don't think mine had a badly cut nut. I think my bridge was probably the cheap Wilky (the 50?) which I've heard are crap bridges.

Mine didn't have locking tuners, and it had true single-coils from SD, not the stacked/mini humbuckers like yours has. Mine had a Wilkinson bridge, is that what yours is? I could play it without the whammy and it stayed in tune really well...bend notes, no pinging while tuning, etc. so I don't think mine had a badly cut nut. I think my bridge was probably the cheap Wilky (the 50?) which I've heard are crap bridges.

Not sure what type of bridge it is really. Hoping to change the strings and set it up a bit today after work finally.

Back